• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The squad 20/21

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I am not sure those figures are entirely accurate, as individual player salaries are not publicly available.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
If they are accurate, I’m amazed that George Ray is the highest paid of those on a Rovers contract.

Player
Manager
John King
He is allegedly one of the highest paid players. He was Crewe captain and player of the year before he arrived here, so not completely surprising in a sense. Plus, he is a decent player as he has shown this season. Personally, I prefer Ray to Manny.

The authors seem to have assumed the highest paid players based on social media rumours and calibrated the rest of the figures from there.

Last edited:

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Khan perhaps unsurprisingly isn’t on a great deal as he wasn’t pulling up any trees before he joined us. Not consistently anywhere so if bigger clubs are after him he may see his wages double or triple quite easily

Player
Manager
John King
Khan perhaps unsurprisingly isn’t on a great deal as he wasn’t pulling up any trees before he joined us. Not consistently anywhere so if bigger clubs are after him he may see his wages double or triple quite easily
I can't believe that Khan is on £800 per week, whereas someone like Ridehalgh is on £2,000. Mansfield have a big budget and pay good wages and there would have been demand for his services in the summer.

We signed Kieron Morris from a League One club, so I doubt he is on only 50% of the salary of a player like Banks.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes I’m not too convinced by some of the figures in there but interesting all the same

Player
Manager
John King
Yes I’m not too convinced by some of the figures in there but interesting all the same
I think it is true that Ray and Payne were on relatively big wages, as that was rumoured for some time, from several sources.