• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The squad 20/21

ADD

Player
Norwood
Danny Lloyd signs on until end of the season. makes sense and won’t have cost a lot.
Yes makes sense - after his debut I thought he would be a shoe in for a starting berth but since he has not been quite so good. However, he still has plenty of time to come to the fore and even if he remains out of the first choice starting 11 he is perfect for coming on when we ned a bit more energy.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Rovers being linked with Birmingham’s Josh Cogley. A defender which even today’s game showed we don’t necessarily need, we need more goals in the final third as we only have Vaughan up there who can score

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Smith and Young both return to their clubs. Personally, I would have held on to Young, but perhaps another midfielder is incoming.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A shame especially as young did well at Bolton but Keith clearly doesn’t think we need them

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I'd be looking for a right back, even if only to cover O'Connor, and a holding midfielder to cover for Spearing or even play alongside him if a particular situation dictated. It would be great if we could genuinely improve elsewhere but I think priority is getting the best out of what we already have in the attacking third.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I'd be looking for a right back, even if only to cover O'Connor, and a holding midfielder to cover for Spearing or even play alongside him if a particular situation dictated. It would be great if we could genuinely improve elsewhere but I think priority is getting the best out of what we already have in the attacking third.
Yes totally agree with this.

ADD

Player
Norwood
someone who can score or create goals will do
Too expensive I suspect though AM given the season could be suspended/ cancelled at any moment and any player brought in could not be furloughed.
I think Burton has done very well in both cameo appearances this season plus he has pace and for a young lad is strong on the ball. I would start him on Wednesday and if that goes well would be tempted to give him a run in the side alongside Vaughan as I simply don't see Ferrier as a goalscorer at this level. Sunday again he ran around a lot but all he seems to do is take the ball back to the play and wait to be fouled.
ps not surprised by Smith at all - Young had promise though.

Player
aldo
yes looks like it could be stopped so many games being lost it is just not worth still playing as it seems so many teams are now getting affected

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I was exactly the same RLC and like you I’m pleased he’s staying. He is though one of those players who you expect more from. He is lightning quick but you don’t see it too often. You wonder if he’ll be able to nail down a regular starting position as he’s not quite a striker although has played in a 4-3-3.
Personally I’d prefer him wide right in a 4-4-2 with CBT on the left but obviously that can cause issues elsewhere

Player
aldo
even I thought he had longer me to is happy for this now he needs to kick on and score some more goals

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I think Woolery has been one of the better signings of this season and offers something different.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
He is very quick think he just needs to improve his final ball/finishing to be a decent player for us.

Player
Manager
John King
I think his finishing is actually good but he needs to get in goalscoring positions more often. He was Swindon's top assister last season and can deliver a cross, as we saw at Barnsley.

A better player than Ferrier in my view.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
We are more than halfway through the winter transfer window and very little movement has happened. One player’s contract has been extended to the end of the season and two loanees have gone back to their clubs. I am not aware of any strong rumours of ins or outs. Nothing about player movement has been mentioned by KH or MP. Nothing to raise hopes or to dampen them. Are they playing their cards close to their chests? Is there any money left in the budget?

Player
Manager
John King
I am sure the club are reluctant to spend money given the continuing uncertainty re. Covid. However, as I have said before, the current squad is fundamentally good enough anyway. We need to get more out of the talented players we have.

It seems there will be one or two departures next week, so perhaps some movement in the opposite direction, even if only loans.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We are more than halfway through the winter transfer window and very little movement has happened. One player’s contract has been extended to the end of the season and two loanees have gone back to their clubs. I am not aware of any strong rumours of ins or outs. Nothing about player movement has been mentioned by KH or MP. Nothing to raise hopes or to dampen them. Are they playing their cards close to their chests? Is there any money left in the budget?
There is likely be movement out soon.