• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The squad 20/21

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes I got that impression Boz. Maybe he’s a bit of an Andy mangan type / people love or hate him! Hopefully we can get the best out of him

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Is he still on Salford’s books or did they release him?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Yes, must have been issues off the pitch that held Lloyd back at Salford (and Peterborough probably).

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Is he still on Salford’s books or did they release him?
He left them by mutual consent at the end of last season and therefore became a free agent. If he’d still been on Salford’s books we could not have signed him until the next transfer window.

He must have spent the last few months trying to find a club. I’d love to know the terms of his deal and what the commitment is from each side. Anyway, let’s make the best use of him while we can.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Jay McEveley it was, fairly sure that was he last game & he left within a few months at most.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
He was dreadful!
Defensively he was woeful, but did score a couple of decent goals (headers?) while at Rovers. He moved onto Warrington and was doing coaching badges, but unsure what he's doing now.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I felt a bit sorry for him to be honest. He clearly had ability on the ball but his confidence seemed completely shot by the time he arrived here.

Player
Ian Goodison
It would be interesting to write down a full Tranmere eleven of players who had played say 20-30 Premier league games before joining the whites..

MCeveley
Ricketts
Marlon Broomes
Spearing
Koumas
Mcateer
Vaughan
Etc

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Borthwick-Jackson

Last edited:

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Is Liam Ridehalgh the only ever Tranmere player to have suffered 3 relegations with the club? Obviously ignoring any pedantry around calling the last one a "demotion" etc.!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Is Liam Ridehalgh the only ever Tranmere player to have suffered 3 relegations with the club? Obviously ignoring any pedantry around calling the last one a "demotion" etc.!
Almost certainly. Previously, movement between the tiers was relatively rare and infrequent. I think few have experienced even two. On the bright side, in 2021 he could also become the first Tranmere player to celebrate three promotions. ;)

Player
aldo
ya I'm happy with this he has plenty of energy, pace and can only get better with the more games he plays, now need to get CBT a longer deal hears hoping