• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The squad 20/21

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Might not be match fit but I guess he's been training with the squad and now, having been assessed, given the chance to step up, albeit at the moment on a short term deal. Lets see how he fits in.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I’m sure he gave us all a load of abuse when he got that hat trick at PP.

didn’t someone throw a bottle at him? (Which I don’t condone by the way).

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
This is a really strange signing - the individual, the position and the timing. However, you have be positive about it. The club is not standing still until the new manager arrives. I wonder how fit he is. As FR says, he will almost certainly have been training with the club.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I’m sure he gave us all a load of abuse when he got that hat trick at PP.

didn’t someone throw a bottle at him? (Which I don’t condone by the way).
Yes, that is correct. In the 5-0 defeat to Peterborough.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I agree with all the sentiments above; strange timing for a strange signing. I remember being stunned when he want to Salford from Posh and would have expected him to have a massive impact at that level.

Player
aldo
only 28, scored 12 in a season and yes 3 in that horrible game in the cup 1 of only a few games I went to that season and I was fuming I would have sacked the whole lot of them after that if he can get games and I would play him tomorrow he could be good

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
If we can get him fit and playing, he could be a really good signing for us!
Definitely. Seems to struggle to settle at clubs and was going to give it up a few years ago. Maybe a good chance for him to show what he can do.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Not much to add, the fact it's such a short term deal minimises it's impact. Are we a shop window for out of work players as well?

ADD

Player
Norwood
Shows ambition and that MP still thinks that we can get in the mix this season!
I assume that he first started training with us when Jackson was still here so Jackson had wanted to have a look at him and MP was asked would he sanction the short term signing given he is now fit enough and had impressed in training. To be fair to Jackson his signings have generally been good so why not? Also yes Lewis may be out for a while and I do wonder whether Banks is too much of a luxury player. To me we are better when he is not in the side so a genuine attacking midfielder signing playing in the middle is not so left field especially if we play CBT up just behind Vaughan as we did Saturday. I expect we will see him start tonight as he is an eligible player on the basis of number of EFL games so that enables us to rest a midfielder.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Here’s Lloyd goals on that night when anything that could go wrong did go wrong.

plus a cracking tackle from Harris!

Reactions: Ian
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
No contract length specified, but I would guess it is until the next transfer window. However, I would expect there is an option to extend until the end of the season. He is a mercurial player, but let's hope he can settle with us.

drwhoman

Mercurial is a good description BBTC. He seemingly left Salford as, in his mind, he was not getting enough game time. We can but wait and see!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Mercurial is a good description BBTC. He seemingly left Salford as, in his mind, he was not getting enough game time. We can but wait and see!
Why does he think he’ll play more often with Rovers? He’ll have a lot of competition and few chances to make an impression.

drwhoman

I think he is as talented as anybody in our squad and is definitely capable of holding down a regular place.
Fair comment. It may be that he was looking for a better offer but financial realty set in! He can definitely do a job for us if he remains focussed. On his day he is L1 standard.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Why does he think he’ll play more often with Rovers? He’ll have a lot of competition and few chances to make an impression.
If he plays like that or even close to it every game he will be a nailed on starter every game and one of the first names on the team sheet to boot. What was amazing was how much energy and sharpness he had for someone who hasn't played since September. Must have been a personality clash/ attitude/ formation issues at Salford surely as they can't possibly have that many midfielders significantly better than him at this level.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I’m pleased that we’ve got Lloyd, for his undoubted ability, although my initial thought was that given the short. deal it may be him putting himself in the shop window. Get the impression that he’s could be in the Craig Bellamy mode and capable of starting an argument in an empty room