• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The squad 20/21

Player
aldo
hi, all I am off now for a month or two it is very frustrating, to say the least. especially when we fed 70 over 4 hours last night. just hope it's not one of those deals where he has to play a certain amount of games. we are bringing one more in has to be a striker surely

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Take it easy AM! Hopefully you'll be back in the swing of it soon.

We really need a striker as we were desperately short of them last week.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Jacko confirmed still trying hard to bring 1 more signing in.

drwhoman

Not easy finding a striker who will score regularly, particularly at the end of the window. May have to take a punt on a young loanee from the PL or Championship. Nothing would be lost arguably.If they succeed great, but we are not worse off if they do not.

drwhoman

Not easy finding a striker who will score regularly, particularly at the end of the window. May have to take a punt on a young loanee from the PL or Championship. Nothing would be lost arguably.If they succeed great, but we are not worse off if they do not.
Does not look as if we have signed anyone which is disappointing given the goal scoring issue.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
All is not lost. We could still sign an out of contract player, but it doesn’t look good. We failed to offload anybody, so I guess we hadn’t enough money to entice anyone decent.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Sam Smith could be a decent signing. He's not prolific, but scored 7 in 28 last season for Cambridge. If he gets another 7 this term, I'll be happy. His injury record is good and he will provide welcome back-up and competition to what we already have. He has spent most of his time at Reading out on loan and his deal expires next June, so he'll be keen to earn a new contract.

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
Announcement that we have just signed a player.....

Can only think of Gary Roberts who has just left Wigan.

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
Announcement that we have just signed a player.....

Can only think of Gary Roberts who has just left Wigan.
Nope, Danny Lloyd. Decent player from memory (albeit a bad memory of him scoring a hattrick against us in the cup.....).

Making signings with no manager in place......

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I don’t understand that signing.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A very talented player and only on a short term deal, so no real risk to us.

He gives us cover in midfield while Lewis is injured (both players have scored hat tricks against us funnily enough).

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Agree with Ian that it does sound a bit odd. He is an attacking midfielder and we have plenty of those. Lewis is injured but we have other cover eg banks and spearing who can sit a bit deeper. Unless they think thes likes of feeney, Woolery, CBT and Khan are all wide men.
I would have preferred another striker but as RLC says it is a no risk and cheap signing I’m guessing.

who has signed him though? Dawes may know him as a fellow scouser so may indicate he’ll have a bit longer in the role.

Does sound a bit strange though signing a playing with no permanent manager in place. But short term. He’s had a strange career. A great season at Stockport that got him a move to posh where apart from that hat trick he didn’t do too much. Spells at Salford and Stockport haven’t been overly successful since.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Maybe we are looking for more goals from midfield?