• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The squad 20/21

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Yes I’ve heard the same. Not on the right side of 30 but last season was Blackpool player of the year in league one and the most assists in the league!!
On paper at least another good singing. Another attacking mid so makes you think we may play one up front a lot when you think we have Khan, Morris, CBT and Woolery
Pleased with the signing and the ambition.
I agree it looks like one up front given the attacking midfielders we have.
Hope he gets the same number of assists this season - I also hope we get the number of players in the box as Blackpool did in the video to take the opportunities.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Just watched all of Feeneys assists from last season. The majority are from the right hand side headed in by a target man. Shame we couldn’t get cookie back as I don’t think any of our 3 current front men are that strong in the air.

One more signing maybe?! He looks the type of winger who would be suited to having two front men to find in the box

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
A loan is good business here, Feeney did well last season for Blackpool, surprise that they were prepared to lend him out. Sparky’s point is a good one though, can we get in the kind of striker best suited to those deliveries or can he adapt to provide the kind of service better suited to the trio of first team strikers already here?

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
A loan is good business here, Feeney did well last season for Blackpool, surprise that they were prepared to lend him out. Sparky’s point is a good one though, can we get in the kind of striker best suited to those deliveries or can he adapt to provide the kind of service better suited to the trio of first team strikers already here?
Defo something to be learnt from the type of assists shown in the video in terms of a big CF. Equally noteworthy I think, whatever formation, is the number of players in the box.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Unless somebody leaves the only signing we likely to make will be a right back.

Ideally we could do with cover for spearing and a target man.

drwhoman

Critchley has been used to coaching young players so maybe he thinks Feeney is too old to adapt to his methods. I will be interested to see how Blackpool go this season.

Player
aldo
I am happy with the players we have got in we do need another forward. now let's get behind the team and do this

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I didn’t realise that Woolery was Swindon’s top assist maker last season As they went up.
with him and Feeney Once fit there shouldn’t be any excuses in us creating chances.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Rumours that Swansea/Millwall are interested in CBT. With Feeney and Woolery coming in , might not be such a loss as the start of the season, if we can raise a decent price for him.

The itk poster on the other forum says there are potential interesting developments on the departure front. While CBT or a central defender wouldn't be a major problem, losing anyone else would leave a gap in the squad and he doesn't suggest any linked arrivals

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I don't think CBT would be a huge loss now that we have Morris, Khan, Feeney and Woolery who can all play out wide. CBT is an exciting talent but some of the players mentioned are arguably more consistent than him.

Ray and Nelson are the obvious candidates for the departing player, but could it be Ferrier ?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Transfer deadline day. It’s possible we won’t do any deals but i’d still like another striker. I don’t think Jacko (and many of the SWA), think Payne Is up to it. Who knows about Ferrier so if Vaughan gets injured we’d be in trouble. Even if Ferrier stays he has missed too many games already due to injury.

CBT has been linked with a move away and I’m sure Jacko would like one of Ray or Nelson off the wage bill.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Transfer deadline day. It’s possible we won’t do any deals but i’d still like another striker. I don’t think Jacko (and many of the SWA), think Payne Is up to it. Who knows about Ferrier so if Vaughan gets injured we’d be in trouble. Even if Ferrier stays he has missed too many games already due to injury.

CBT has been linked with a move away and I’m sure Jacko would like one of Ray or Nelson off the wage bill.

It's not deadline day for us till 16th october

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
With 8 days to go and payne & ferrier possibly out for some time it is going to be interesting to see what business we can do.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Yes, I have always thought we needed another striker but only one of quality and not at any price. If we can’t get someone suitable, let’s keep the money and wait for an out of contract player to emerge or even reconsider during the winter transfer window.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think the injuries to Payne and Ferrier might force our hand. Ideally, we would only bring in a quality player, but we can't operate with only one available striker for an extended period.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I think the injuries to Payne and Ferrier might force our hand. Ideally, we would only bring in a quality player, but we can't operate with only one available striker for an extended period.
Agree with this especially as there will be 2& half months till the next window.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
And we do in all fairness need someone better than Payne.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
You have to look at Ferrier too, a handful of good games, but not the first time he’s been out injured for a long spell. Even when he does play rarely much of a goal threat.

Reactions: Ian