• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The squad 20/21

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I think the generally summary is he's got bags of pace but is a bit toothless in front of goal. I guess we'll find out soon.
He had plenty of "teeth" for FGR at Wembley, as Rides would testify.;) I thought he had an incredible game, scoring twice. But before that he had only managed two league goals in half a season.

Reactions: Ian
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Liam Feeney
The Blackpool midfielder would be a good signing. He was a regular last season and at 33 should be fit enough to make an impression in League Two. There would be a lot of healthy competition in the middle of the park. Don't expect many goals though.

I also think that ideally we need an Andy Cook style frontman and a back-up right back, although that may depend on a player leaving.

drwhoman

The Blackpool midfielder would be a good signing. He was a regular last season and at 33 should be fit enough to make an impression in League Two. There would be a lot of healthy competition in the middle of the park. Don't expect many goals though.

I also think that ideally we need an Andy Cook style frontman and a back-up right back, although that may depend on a player leaving.
I agree BBTC. The two players discussed would be good value but do not score many goals. Maybe the hope is that they will provide more ammo for the front men we have but even, then other than possibly Vaughan, non of them are prolific. Norwood is only on the bench at Ipswich but there is no way we could get him back financially.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The latest suggestion is that Feeney and a right back are close to signing. I think that would strengthen us in the remaining areas where we are short of numbers, although you could argue we are still a bit light in central midfield.

There is also a suggestion somebody is on the way out. Nelson has been linked with Swindon, but could it be Ray, who has been completely frozen out so far (not sure anyone would be willing to take on his wages) ?

Player
aldo
hi, all sos been quiet been battered at work. it looks like a good signing. hope Feeney comes on board. we needed pace and now have it roll on sat

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Good signing, but what is the preferred team for say a home game if everyone fit? Presumably one CF if CBT and Wooley on either flank.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Good signing, but what is the preferred team for say a home game if everyone fit? Presumably one CF if CBT and Wooley on either flank.
That might depend on form and the quality of the opposition. As I said earlier, Woolery might be used mainly as an impact player. He doesn't have many goals in him, unlike CBT.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I get the impression that Woolery is better playing in the channel in a front three, rather than as an orthodox striker. It will be interesting to see how we use him.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
There is also a suggestion somebody is on the way out. Nelson has been linked with Swindon, but could it be Ray, who has been completely frozen out so far (not sure anyone would be willing to take on his wages) ?
Ray should consider taking the long view. If he spends a season on the bench here his stock will have dropped further by 21-22 season when inevitably released. He may take the view that he is better getting out with a pay cut and resurrecting his career. But who knows!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Ray should consider taking the long view. If he spends a season on the bench here his stock will have dropped further by 21-22 season when inevitably released. He may take the view that he is better getting out with a pay cut and resurrecting his career. But who knows!
You would think he would do that but I'm not sure he will

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
From Ray's perspective, if you can pick up a decent wage this year, that may be more value than moving somewhere else on less pay, even if you get more game time by moving on. He'll still be at a peak age for outfield players when his contract ends.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
From Ray's perspective, if you can pick up a decent wage this year, that may be more value than moving somewhere else on less pay, even if you get more game time by moving on. He'll still be at a peak age for outfield players when his contract ends.
You may be right. I was thinking that if he had faith in his own ability his long term earnings would be maximised with a good 20/21 elsewhere rather than a CV at the end of the season that shows little game time n the previous 24 months. It sounds like an reasonable scenario for a loan deal to be honest.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Rumoured elsewhere that Feeney is signing tomorrow.
Yes I’ve heard the same. Not on the right side of 30 but last season was Blackpool player of the year in league one and the most assists in the league!!
On paper at least another good singing. Another attacking mid so makes you think we may play one up front a lot when you think we have Khan, Morris, CBT and Woolery

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
Very good signing! I am so impressed with the calibre of player we are able to bring in even though we have dropped down a league. On paper we certainly have a squad that is capable of challenging at the very top of the league, so lets hope that Jacko gets the system right and we push on.