• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The squad 20/21

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
You couldn’t write some of this could you..

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
There was no obligation on Woodyard to sign, he's from down south and Wimbledon, if that's where he ends up, will suit him better. Last season, a lot of our targets went elsewhere, more money etc, no reason for anything to change now we're in a lower league.

I am disappointed at the lack of communication from the club. If we'd appointed a manager who would set the pulse racing, that would have provided enough momentum, that isn't a criticism of Mike Jackson, as we have no idea how good he might be. Since the new manager the only news on the o/s has been about painting the ground and an early August deadline for the early bird season tickets. We need either some positive news about players or Mark/Nicola to do another facebook event updating the position.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I don't really see the point in the club saying anything if there is no concrete news to report. If we are in negotiations with players that could go either way, what are they supposed to say ?

'We are working hard to recruit but the deals have not yet been finalised.'

Most of us can guess that is the situation, and they would be castigated for putting out a statement like that.

Player
aldo
Mark and the club have always been the same way they will only say something when it needs to be said. I think it will be like last season where we will have 6
/7 players in a day or two

Player
aldo
just wish we would for once we would do things early and excite the fans its always the same and never changes. we all know that the club has restraints on it with money but just once or twice for god's sake do us all a favor give us a summer off the stress wheel and do something different, well I'm off the next few days will not prob post next week as we are getting fully booked

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Luke McCullough signs for Glentoran. Decent on his day but would always have question marks over his fitness and perhaps playing in Northern Ireland will be physically easier for him.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
oh and yes the shitting virus is a bastard
I must say after the reversal of a lot of the lockdown relaxation up here, watching live football seems a long long way away. Just considering day to day living is a mindbender at the moment. This feels worse than the original lockdown due to plans made during the relaxation. I'm struggling to believe that East Lancs, West Yorks, Manchester and Leicester are the only parts of the country who are going to suffer this.

Reactions: Boz

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Luke McCullough signs for Glentoran. Decent on his day but would always have question marks over his fitness and perhaps playing in Northern Ireland will be physically easier for him.
For me, that's a blow. He' s shown that he is more than capable at L2 level and above. I can't disagree, though, that there is a concern that a serious injury may never be too far away.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I must say after the reversal of a lot of the lockdown relaxation up here, watching live football seems a long long way away. Just considering day to day living is a mindbender at the moment. This feels worse than the original lockdown due to plans made during the relaxation. I'm struggling to believe that East Lancs, West Yorks, Manchester and Leicester are the only parts of the country who are going to suffer this.
I am beginning to wonder whether we will see crowds back in football grounds anytime in the next twelve months. The implications for the lower divisions would be huge if that was the case.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I am beginning to wonder whether we will see crowds back in football grounds anytime in the next twelve months. The implications for the lower divisions would be huge if that was the case.
We could end up in a position where a % of fans can attend a match one weekend then find out out that the next match will be behind closed doors with no firm date as to when fans can return again. The timing of the latest lockdown up here suggests that there could be little notice for such a decision. Apart from the disruption to fans, how can a club possibly operate with no idea of their revenues?

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I think that the general assumption (despite everything Mr Whitty has said) is that there will be a linear progression from no football to behind closed doors to limited fans to football in "full" stadia. The new lockdowns really bring home that this will not be the case. That stop/start scenario becomes massively more difficult to operate in; especially if there are different rules applied to different regions. It could even prove impossible for many clubs.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I’m also in a lockdown area, despite the fact that the virus figures here have gone down from last week. Suspicion the decision is linked to the Muslim religious festival of Eid. Whatever the reasoning, don’t think the communications were handled very well. However, it does look like short notice arrangements of this ilk are going to be a regular feature of life going forward, at least until a vaccine is found. Where that leaves the return of live football exactly is unclear but doesn’t look likely any time soon.