• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The squad 20/21

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Strong rumours Jennings has announced his departure on Twitter. Gutted .

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Absolutely gutted. People talk about Nors contribution but Connor was a big game player under micky.

Wembley 1. Scored a belter v FGR
Wembley 2. Comes off his sick bed to set up the winner.
Wembley 3. Scored the winner.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Absolutely gutted. People talk about Nors contribution but Connor was a big game player under micky.

Wembley 1. Scored a belter v FGR
Wembley 2. Comes off his sick bed to set up the winner.
Wembley 3. Scored the winner.
Yes, definitely a big game player but still an unsung hero. He’ll be sorely missed.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I wish him all the luck. Great player for us over the years and always gave his all. This does of course mean I'll have to change the banner again! I might change it to George Ray in the hope that the banner curse strikes for the 3rd time!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The problem with signing or re-signing anyone at the moment is that the club must pay their wages. Contracts expired on 30th June, so anyone signing on 1st July will be on paid holiday until training can start. I think that could be a few weeks away - more if there is another spike. The budget is obviously tight, so delaying signings until at least we have a new manager would make sense.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Current signs point towards the new season starting in about 8 weeks. The bankrolled sides have been renewing contracts and signing new players, but even cash poor clubs like Morecambe and Cambridge have re-signed some out of contract players, though others like Newport have taken a similar approach to Rovers.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Connor confirmed as signing for Stockport, along with his brother James.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Am I right in thinking Stockport remain in national league north?
interesting they join Ex rovers Liam hogan and Lois Maynard.

I’m sure Connor was swayed by playing with his brother for his home town team - you do wonder how much money and length of contract they have signed.

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
Fair enough, I think he might be from Stockport so makes sense. He has achieved a lot in the last few years and may see this as another challenge to get County up into the league.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Am I right in thinking Stockport remain in national league north?
interesting they join Ex rovers Liam hogan and Lois Maynard.

I’m sure Connor was swayed by playing with his brother for his home town team - you do wonder how much money and length of contract they have signed.
National League National Division now. They only just missed out on the play offs last season and are heading in the right direction again.

Last edited:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good for him. Another challenge and a great player at that level.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It doesn’t say how long Connor’s signed for and obviously no idea how good a deal they’ve given he’s been given. Would he have stayed if we’d offered a new deal? We’ll never know. Good luck to him.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Stockport have just gone full time. Whether that means they have money I don’t know but both Connor and his brother will have had options. My guess is 2 year deals but on decent money and perhaps performance or promotion related Bonuses. If we’ve offered nothing at the moment which is possible then you can’t blame him with a young family and a fairly short career

ADD

Player
Norwood
I agree Sparky he needs to have certainty.
Also as you say a decent promotion bonus might be the icing on the cake.
Also and I say this withjout any malice as he has done a great job for us I thought he was struggling a bit at L1 level. He is a level headed guy so maximising his ability and livelihood between a top end NL side and a L2 side may make the most sense given as you say it is a short career.

Player
Jonny Morrisey
I appreciate the sentiment regarding CJ signing for Stockport, but I can't help but think he's wasted there! He's still only 28, a footballers prime by all accounts, and he's playing 3 leagues lower than he did last season. I agree that he possibly struggled last season but he's a decent league 2 player and could have helped us get back to league 1, if an offer was made.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Stockport are building a seriously good side by the look of it. Good luck to them. It would be great to see them back in the league, where they belong.

Player
aldo
thank you, Connor a legend if it was not for that cross we would not have had that goal we might have still gone up . if it was not for that goal we might not have gone up. we thank you for a TRUE gent a player who gave everything. a man who got off his death bed and put his body on the line for the amazing club and amazing fans we have. good luck for the future you deserve a good few years hope to see you soon

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Stockport are building a seriously good side by the look of it. Good luck to them. It would be great to see them back in the league, where they belong.
Yes. I noticed they have Liam Hogan and Louis Maynard who are more than capable at that level.