• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

the replay

Player
aldo
its mad to hear that oxford have rested players in mid week and are planning to do the same tomorrow . its gonna be a tough game chaps

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
You can’t blame them. Like us they’ll be thinking their is the potential of a winnable 2nd round tie and a plumb draw in the 3rd round away at a big name would be massive for them

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
They should be looking to preserve their league status which doesn't look good.
As nice a bunch as they were, if they get past us I'll be a Sandgrounder for a day!

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
I see that if we get through, Southport game will be 2.00 on the Sunday

Player
aldo
Another tv game hoping bbc . Does anyone know if you have to pay to get into aldoes to watch the match on Tuesday

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
Huge game for them, TV money and the possibility of the 3rd round money with a possible game v Southport so you can expect them to be up for it. If Tranmere play like they did today we are out!

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
Aldo's moustache (correct spelling), just out of curiosity, you always seem to be smashed when you write on here.....are you?

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
To be honest Charlton this post has made me feel rather uncomfortable. I've never met AM but from the details he has shared on this forum he is a hard working family man with a massive passion for Rovers. His style is certainly different and, to my mind, this js something to embrace. If we all posted in broadsheet English any forum would be pretty dull. I really hope AM has not taken offence at the post - I would have. AM, you are a welcome addition to this forum, I like your posts (although not always agreeing with them) and love your enthusiasm. The SWA is a very broad church and the more that this excellent forum reflects that, the better. IMHO.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
To be honest Charlton this post has made me feel rather uncomfortable. I've never met AM but from the details he has shared on this forum he is a hard working family man with a massive passion for Rovers. His style is certainly different and, to my mind, this js something to embrace. If we all posted in broadsheet English any forum would be pretty dull. I really hope AM has not taken offence at the post - I would have. AM, you are a welcome addition to this forum, I like your posts (although not always agreeing with them) and love your enthusiasm. The SWA is a very broad church and the more that this excellent forum reflects that, the better. IMHO.
I agree completely with this. Everybody on here has their own style and personality and all should be welcome. I have had my own problems on this site in the past with provocative and insulting comments by 'Mal', and we don't want this forum to degenerate to the same level as the Cowsheds.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Returning to Tuesday's fixture, I think it could be a season-defining game. Win and we have the potential riches of the FA Cup third round to look forward to; lose and confidence will be seriously damaged.

McNulty and McCulloch will be unavailable, so we will be weakened defensively before we even kick-off. The dilemma for Micky is whether to stick with a 451 formation, or go to 442. The latter could leave us more open defensively, but we have not looked effective in the last two games with Norwood operating as a lone striker. Theoretically, Jay Harris should come back into the side as the only available defensive midfielder. However, I don't trust him in a game as important as this and I would prefer to go with Banks and Gilmour in the centre of midfield, both of whom are willing to put a foot in.

I think I would start with the following team:

Davies
Caprice Sutton Monthe Zoum
Cole / Smith Banks Gilmour Jennings
Mullin Norwood

Last edited:
Player
aldo
442 we have to go 4 it no point going there and messing about . Get in to em get the job done . After two piss poor performances we need a little joy

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Hugely important game to get some much needed funds into the club, the Southport game has been moved so the BBC can have a pitchside reporter there, think get an extra £12500

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I’d agree with the two up front and with AM that we really need to get at them. Lets be positive and get the ball to the front two who can do damage. I’d leave Smith out, who’s not producing much at the moment. Use Cole and Jennings on the wings.

I’d be tempted to put Harris into the centre. This is the kind of game where we need a bit of grit and good old hard work by taking the game by the scruff of the neck. Harris will give you that all day long.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Irrespective of team and formation I think it's imperative that we come out if the blocks quickly. In the original match we started slowly, weren't impressed with Oxford's start and settled into a 2nd gear we struggled to get out of. Common sense says that we will get it right and that this should be a routine victory. Problem is this is football and we are Tranmere Rovers! My personal challenge for Tuesday is finding a pub in Accy that a) has BT and b) can be persuaded to show the match over a myriad of underwhelming international fixtures ....

Player
aldo
Im not to sure on this one . We surly cant be as bad as last week . Meybe that played a part in Saturdays game . If they where thinking about it. They have to go into it with the right mentality . And be professional. And growsome ball's. Oxford are doing everything they can to be ready .resting there better players . They are going for it . We have to beright up for it . No excuses

Player
ian goodison
worries me at the moment with the concerns about rovers, to be worried about oxford and this is no disrespect to them we should be beating these teams the experience we have we should be able to see them off but after all it is rovers

drwhoman

Harris has to play in this one. Midfield control is essential to give Banks and hopefully Jennings/Cole the chance to flourish. Mullin and Norwood up front. Might be tempted to play Buxton at right back for a bit more solidity. Zoom on the left.