• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The replay mark 2

Player
aldo
Only 300 away tickets remain . Brilliant support bye the best fans in the land let's hope we get rewarded with a real Tranmere showing up and putting it to bed

Player
aldo
Even the home areas are selling out its gonna be a cracking atmosphere great for port as well getting good some money into there club loving it

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Even if we win, the money Sandgrounders will make will keep the wolves from their door a while longer.
What a financial opportunity for the winners.
For some reason I'm less worried about this one than the Oxford replay. An early goal again should kill it.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I feel completely the opposite CK. I think it will be tougher than Oxford; a bigger crowd and a more physical team. We still have the quality to win it comfortably though.

Player
aldo
We have got to manus a little the boys have had loads of experience in the non league . But they seem complacent . We need to get into them and don't hold back .

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
While it’s great the number of tickets both sides have bought; heading towards a sell-out, I hope that Micky has got the team only thinking about the next game and there are two of them starting today with Cambridge.

Player
Manager
John King
While it’s great the number of tickets both sides have bought; heading towards a sell-out, I hope that Micky has got the team only thinking about the next game and there are two of them starting today with Cambridge.
From his pre match interview, I don't think there is any suggestion he isn't.......

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
From his pre match interview, I don't think there is any suggestion he isn't.......
I think that’s right as far as Micky is concerned. If the player’s minds aren’t in the right place, they shouldn’t be in the side at Southport or if we progress further and I strongly hope nobody falls into that category.

Player
Manager
John King
Matt Jones has just tweeted that Spurs gifted their share of the gate receipts and TV money from their matches against Rochdale and Newport last season to the opposing team.

Very interesting if true.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Peterborough looking well set this evening. I wonder what odds on us meeting them in round 4? Would make Leicester winning the league look like a nap!

Player
Manager
John King
wrexham lose 4-0
haha
League Two prospering against NL opposition. Hopefully there will be a repeat next Monday.

We have now sold out our away allocation.

It might just be me, but some of the hype and over-confidence coming from the Southport camp is getting on my nerves a bit. Of course we could lose the game next week, but it is worth bearing in mind there is pretty much the same gulf in status (league placings) between us and Southport, as between Rovers and Tottenham.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It might just be me, but some of the hype and over-confidence coming from the Southport camp is getting on my nerves a bit. Of course we could lose the game next week, but it is worth bearing in mind there is pretty much the same gulf in status (league placings) between us and Southport, as between Rovers and Tottenham.
Yes, and thank goodness I don't see the same hype and over-confidence from the Rovers family - at least not on this forum.

Player
aldo
i just hope the boys go about there jobs . lets not start spouting this and that . . lets go about thing quietley . im gonna miss it with having loads of party goers in . but hey ho thats life .

Player
Manager
John King
I know not everybody on this site will agree, but surely this is the biggest game of the season given the prize that is at stake ? A match (or matches) against Spurs could be transformational and raise the finance to fund a successful promotion push.

It is always difficult to guess Micky's selections, but I think we will start with the following team:

Davies
Buxton Macca Manny Ridehalgh
Smith Harris / McCullough Gilmour / Harris Jennings
Mullin Norwood

There is bags of attacking potential in that team, with the two strikers, Smith and Jennings all in good form. However, the centre of midfield worries me a bit. We really need McCullough to start as Harris and Gilmour have never really looked convincing as a pair: Harris is not good enough on the ball and Gilmour is too easily bullied in a two-man midfield against physical opposition.

Despite those concerns and the disappointing result yesterday, if we play as we did in the attacking areas tomorrow I think we will cause all sorts of problems for Southport, and defensively I am sure we will be more solid with the return of the first choice back four.

Prediction: Rovers victory.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, there is no denying that there is a decent prize at stake here and I cannot see anything but a Rovers win. The pressure will be off us slightly as we are away and I think once we settle into the game, we'll cause all sorts of problems. Defensively there is nothing to worry about but like you say midfield is a concern. I'm not overly worried about Harris as I think this is the type of game he loves and suits his style to get stuck in. Gilmour is more a concern and can easily drift out of the game if the contest is a physical one.

We need Smith to be in the form he was yesterday and that will cause Southport all sorts of problems. If we have Smith/Jennings with Mullin and Norwood up front I think that will prove too much for the hosts.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
This will be a physical game which we must be up for the battle, with a financial boost at I think we will win 2 1

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I don't expect this game to be easy at all, but we need to be able to make our class triumph. That should involve preventing Southport imposing their style of play on the game and mixing up our own game a bit.

My understanding is that McCullough won't be available, as he wasn't allowed to play the first game. I could be wrong though. Otherwise would agree with RLCs line-up, though might there be an argument to play Stockton, who'll be able to hold the ball up if we're forced into hitting it long.

Would like to think we'll win comfortably, but wouldn't be surprised if it goes to extra time, even penalties.