• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

THE RED S£%T

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Thanks, MS. Probably the best celebrity interview I’ve ever heard. He knows his football and has been a fan from the Reds’ second division days, so is totally genuine. Makes a change from the glory hunting celebs of nowadays who have no connection with “their” club.

Incidentally, did anyone see that interview with Professor Jonathan Van-Tam had with Piers Morgan earlier in the week. It turns out he supports his local side, Boston United, and goes every week except during Covid. They must have been a tough club to support over the years, particularly during the Steve Evans era.

Of course, he is easily recognised. Piers asked if the fans ever sing “There’s only one JVT”? He said no but they sometimes sing “He’s one of our own!“. A great story.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Personally, I am not a great fan of Wirralians that don't support their local team, but each to their own I guess.

In relation to Boston, they actually had the best period in their history when they reached the Football League just over a decade ago. I have noticed that Van Tam wears a Boston badge in press conferences sometimes. Definitely a proper supporter of a proper club.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
JVT has mentioned his support of Boston on a number of occasions in general interviews. As RLC says a true fan.

Player
aldo
5 home defeats in a row after 3 years unbeaten my wife has turned into a zombie she has gone mad oh my it is so funny

Player
aldo
just been out for an 8mile run and think I'm going out again the wife is going mad, it is hilarious, Liverpool have scored 1 goal this year we have scored 19, 6 home games lost in a row hahahahaha this is brilliant Klopp out will be the call from there fans

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
We Merseysiders have always been hospitable people, but this is taking things a bit too far.