• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Pitch

Player
aldo
they had the germination and heat sheets covering it while the seeds where growing for a week with the lovely warm sun hitting it looks amazing already

Player
aldo
well I've been to work today and as you might know one of the greenkeepers at the club I work for works at rovers the eye-watering price of that amazing pitch .is in the region of £1.5mill . and I'm not joking. go on nickys twitter it looks fabulous I think I would love to play on it and it, as I said to him today, must be a million miles away from the other and amazing to work with he just said your not wrong pal

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think the usual cost of the pitch would have been 900k but we got a substantial discount due to the lockdown and installed it for 600.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It looks amazing. Before and after pictures are immense.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A new head groundsman position being advertised by the club. Has the other one been sacked?!?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I thought MP said the pitch was fine, just purely cosmetic unless there's been a drastic change in the last month or two?!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think the drainage is much improved but the actual playing surface has been poor for weeks really. Very bobbly with very little grass. I don't think it helps our style of play to be honest.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I thought MP said the pitch was fine, just purely cosmetic unless there's been a drastic change in the last month or two?!
He said that in the last q & a but it looks fair poor and plays fairly poor as well.

Player
aldo
think it will change in the summer when it gets proper rest and attention does not help with the bad winter we have had and loads of games played on it we played Sat and the Reds ladies played on Sunday, It has been getting battered, hopefully with the warm weather we are expecting it will start growing and start looking better

Reactions: Ian
Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Looks can be deceiving.
I would like to see and touch and how it is being looked after.
Hopefully the new groundstaff, know what they are doing!

Player
aldo
as I have said in the past I know a few of the groundsmen they know what they are doing.just to let you know I work with them

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Shame that a couple of them were made redundant last year. Liam is the current head groundsman.