• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Other Play Offs

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agree ONIGP and also to Woking who came up from NLS and generally brought a reasonable number to our NL games.

Meanwhile, back in L2 Newport win the penalty shoot-out as BBTC alludes to. I do think that L2 will be stronger next season; Bradford and Plymouth coming down, Mansfield staying down and Orient and bank-rolled Salford coming up. Newport are on a roll though, so while there very good reasons to want to be out of it, don't think it's a given for whoever meets the Exiles in the final.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Nothing's a given in football, even less so given what has happened recently in the Champions League and to Rovers at Wembley last year. I am just stating my view that I am more confident we will beat Newport than Mansfield.

And yes, I agree that League Two will be stronger next season and even more incentive to go up this term. In fact, L2 will continue to grow stronger as more bankrolled clubs rise from the NL.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Mansfield will be gutted they didn't make it through having been in the top six for what seems like an age and finishing three places ahead of Newport with a +28 goal difference. They were disappointing today though. No disrespect to Newport but it gives the two teams added incentive knowing the winners will face them in the final.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
And they have a superb cup record which suggests that they are masters of being at their best for a one-off match.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
You're scaring me guys! PMA!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Totally agree about Danny rowe. He’s 30 now and yes he can finish in and around the box but I’m not convinced he’ll do it in league 2. He’ll have plenty of offers though I guess. For a big fella he’s not great in the air. Fylde will have a big job replacing him though - as we will with Nors