• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

EFL Trophy THE DEADLY Submarine Rovers v Sunderland

THE DEADLY Submarine Rovers v Sunderland
Posted by Ian
Wembley (Prenton Park South)
Sunday, March 14, 2021 - 03:00 PM
Until: Sunday, March 14, 2021 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It’s really refreshing that we can all be upbeat after losing a cup final. Shows we aren’t far away and are heading in the right direction. SWA!

Player
Too many of them after over 50 years!
The superstitious part of me was hoping for a loss based on the premise "Lose Leyland DAF final and win promotion and vice versa!!!". So unlucky given they snuffed out the main threats all game. And the Sky commentators praising Tranmere was refreshing.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We only have 5 players under contract for next season

Player
Too many of them after over 50 years!
We only have 5 players under contract for next season
Just my opinion but I think the priority has to be concerned with gaining promotion with who we have and then, if it happens, assuming it will be easier to sort out new contracts. At this stage it is too early to set up new contracts when the future state is unknown.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think the ongoing uncertainty regarding the return of fans makes it impossible for us to offer contracts. Most clubs will be in the same boat.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We did actually give 2 players, Macdonald and Jolley contracts during the January window, when arguably things were looking less hopeful than now on the pandemic front. I can understand the caution from the club's perspective, while at this point it's not absolutely certain Keith Hill will be here next season. The management issue needs resolving first.

Player
Manager
John King
We did actually give 2 players, Macdonald and Jolley contracts during the January window, when arguably things were looking less hopeful than now on the pandemic front. I can understand the caution from the club's perspective, while at this point it's not absolutely certain Keith Hill will be here next season. The management issue needs resolving first.
It was probably a relatively modest outlay on those two players, and several players also departed in January.

Player
aldo
if Kieth gets us up he will get another year automatically Palios said that when he got the job, two things before today only man c had more wins this year than Tranmere an amazing stat, Hill had a 65% win rate at Tranmere another super amazing stat considering we have only won 1 of 4 home games Lol now a push in the LG over the next few months, also happy Burton got a few mins but where is jolly we paid Money for him he should have more to him

Player
aldo
Woolery Lloyd, Khan, and if we could get him Feeney who is brilliant we should try sorting them out, but I trust MP and KH things will happen we just need the lads doing what they do to force the situations just play well and see what goes

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The problem is that at the moment we don’t know which division we’ll be in. If we get promoted, we will go after better players, we’ll give better deals to our top players and the rest will be allowed to go. If we don’t go up for some reason, our budget will be less and the opposite will apply. If we don’t go up, Keith may be sacked and the new boss will have his own ideas on players. That’s all before knowing what income we will have because of COVID-19. I think Mark is wise to wait until we know our fate and have a manager under contract for next season.

We don’t have any stars like Nors, so as long as we go up, I think we should be able to keep everyone we want to and attract some better players too.

Player
Manager
John King
Unless (God forbid) we completely collapse in the final thirteen games, I think Hill will be here next season. We will make the play offs at least and Palios must be pleased with the progress in terms of consistency and style of play.

No need to rush into a decision, but I would be very surprised if he leaves in the summer. Despite the statement from MP regarding promotion, I think the intention was always that this would be a long term project.

Player
Manager
John King
I hope you are right BBTC. Woolery, Feeney, Lloyd and Lewis will always chip in but we need that goal poacher to finish off the chances we create and tap in those crosses. Hopefully we’ll hear soon how long Vaughan is actually out for
It is interesting that since Vaughan's injury we have tightened up defensively. We were conceding twos and threes a few weeks ago, but we have only let in two goals in the last four games, with two clean sheets in those matches.

The defensive performances will be key if we are going to grind out one nil wins in Vaughan's absence.

Player
aldo
Also, Woolery has stopped scoring the two lads had a good thing going the sooner we get James back the better