• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

the cup first round v oxford city

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I wouldn’t get too carried away with yesterday’s result. They were poor and went about the game completely the wrong way but we are still in the hat and I think we’ll be back to our best on Saturday more so to make up for this game.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Agree Ian. If we make the play offs then yesterday will be long forgotten.

We always had decent results after checkatrade games I think but the difference was that we played our reserves in those games.

Player
aldo
the only positive for me was thas connor got two and jaMES GOT ONE everthing else was tosh . but the other good thing is we cant get mutch worse inthe replay same team apart from sutton for steve steve dont like playing on plastic . zoom for buxton and harvey for the numpty harris

Player
aldo
just hope to god they are embarrassed and the real tranmere turn up for the replay cant ant wont accept another performance like that . imagine if that was against a top team it could have been solihull alover again but us getting hammerd 9-0.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
the only positive for me was thas connor got two and jaMES GOT ONE everthing else was tosh . but the other good thing is we cant get mutch worse inthe replay same team apart from sutton for steve steve dont like playing on plastic . zoom for buxton and harvey for the numpty harris
AM you have posted on here about frequently re-watching the win over Boreham Wood that got us back into the Football League. Just before half-time, Jay Harris came on as a makeshift full-back and made a significant contribution to our win that day. Nobody played well for Rovers on Saturday. Harris seems out of his depth at this level, but you should recognise Jay's contribution to us getting us back into L2, rather than being abusive about him.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
What a draw that is. Although oxford will be thinking the same......

Player
aldo
I do i know what j harris did and he will forever be a legend like the rest of them . Just dont think he is good enough for league . He is to mutch of a liability looks like he could be sent off at eney moment . I would want nothing more than for him to be a real quality player . But not all players can make the step up .

Player
aldo
Yes Southport . Now lets play propperly put the game to bed . Lets get there in are hundreds . As well as Oxford played and as everyone else did me and my wife gave them a standing ovation now lets go there be professional and if we get through then do it properly against Southport best chance of getting through to the 3rd round . In year's

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
I wondered whether Salford and Shrewsbury would be televised.
Imagine if we hadn't scraped the draw and saw Oxford drawn against Southport. We'd have been gutted.
At least we have a chance to redeem.
What a great result for Sandgrounders on Saturday.

drwhoman

The draw will have to give the team incentive at Oxford. The prospect of a third round game against a Premier League team will surely drive them to victory? Would be really good for the bank balance as well!!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm expecting Rovers to go to Oxford and do a really professional job there. I still think they'll push us hard, but we should be too strong for them in the replay. Great draw BTW!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I see Jose Baxter and his Oldham teammates are struggling. Down 1-0 to the effervescent Hampton & Richmond (sounds like a proper pub team!).

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Oldham have actually played better than we did on Saturday but have missed some unbelievable chances. Some of the Hampton defending has been heroic. We look a much better team than Oldham though.