• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

the corona v . and sport

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Don't rub it in !

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
just thinking if the lg gets scrapped then mm is still going for 3 in a Row lol
I'm sure his first thought will just be that he's dodged a bullet. ;)
But scrapping the season raises a few issues. From the EPL, who qualifies for Europe? Are they just going to reply this year's Champions League and Europa League? I can't see that happening.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I can’t see how these leagues are going to finish. It looks like this virus is going to be around for months. What is the fairest way to end it?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I can’t see how these leagues are going to finish. It looks like this virus is going to be around for months. What is the fairest way to end it?
I think it is fairest to simply null and void the season. That way every club starts next season with their current status. No clubs in the top four divisions have already been relegated or promoted, so it is also probably the most watertight outcome legally.

Player
Manager
John King
I'm sure his first thought will just be that he's dodged a bullet. ;)
But scrapping the season raises a few issues. From the EPL, who qualifies for Europe? Are they just going to reply this year's Champions League and Europa League? I can't see that happening.
I think we would have stayed up anyway to be honest, on the assumption that we could have held on to the January signings if / when the season resumed.

drwhoman

The legalities of voiding the season are interesting. I know that there are several clubs below the National League who are considering legal action for their season being voided. Decisions of one sort of and another have been taken in normal times, not related to corvid 19,and they will be in serious trouble if the season is voided. The fact is that cancelling the season will suit some more than others and that will lead to conflict.

Player
Manager
John King
The legalities of voiding the season are interesting. I know that there are several clubs below the National League who are considering legal action for their season being voided. Decisions of one sort of and another have been taken in normal times, not related to corvid 19,and they will be in serious trouble if the season is voided. The fact is that cancelling the season will suit some more than others and that will lead to conflict.
Whatever decision is made there will be legal challenges from somebody. However, I think legally the authorities will be on firmer ground if they cancel the season rather than claiming it was complete with a quarter of games still to be played.

Player
aldo
all the football bodys will all have to come up with the same thing . i think its over for all the lgs just can,t see how they can do out else . ok it means loads of unhappy teams so what lives have to come first. not a poxy game of football.

drwhoman

All we can do is wait. I might be wrong but I think that Bury FC have gone into liquidation so any new Bury club will have to start down the pyramid.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
All we can do is wait. I might be wrong but I think that Bury FC have gone into liquidation so any new Bury club will have to start down the pyramid.
They defaulted on the terms of the cva but still exist

drwhoman

They defaulted on the terms of the cva but still exist
Thanks Bigmart but I think you will agree that it is only a matter of time as Dale has to raise 5m which he clearly has not got. A finance company has a mortgage on the ground so I would not be optimistic as to what will happen to that. All very sad. Caused by reckless ambition.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Thanks Bigmart but I think you will agree that it is only a matter of time as Dale has to raise 5m which he clearly has not got. A finance company has a mortgage on the ground so I would not be optimistic as to what will happen to that. All very sad. Caused by reckless ambition.
It is just a matter of time before they cease to exist which is very sad indeed

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
just thinking if the lg gets scrapped then mm is still going for 3 in a Row lol
Now there's a thought; my Fantasy Football team name "Going For 3 In a Row" may bizarrely remain valid for a second season!

Player
aldo
just seen a yutube of peter clarke with his other half on his shoulders lifting her while he is quatting that man is a beast good on him keep safe all we are in for the long haul

Player
aldo
see some prem teams Newcastle . spurs . Nowich .are using the govenments 80% to pay there staff who they have layed off . and there players who get hundreds os thousands aweek are payed in full shame on them

drwhoman

I am not sure why Premier League players are not taking a voluntary pay cut as an act of solidarity with the general population. So might have to wait a week or two for the new Porsche! I see Eddie Howe has taken a cut - good on him.