• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

the corona v . and sport

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good idea but it still means the teams playing are grouped together. Obviously no risk to supporters but still a risk for the players.

drwhoman

Article on the BBC website about what PL players are doing. James Milner is counting tea bags and measuring his grass to ensure it is all the same length! Seriously, I see Arsenal have just opened their training centre again after it has been thoroughly cleaned. I imagine Rovers will have been doing the same with theirs. Perhaps the players have been roped in! (LOL!).

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I wonder what Micky and the players are up to now? No word about this. Are they still training as normal? It must be difficult organising this not knowing when the next match is to be played. Contracts will be expiring in just over three months for about half the squad, so many may have already played their last game for the club. Contract renewal and the summer transfer window could be very messy this year.
The players were given a week off about seven days ago. I have no idea what the situation is now.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The more I think about it, the more I realise how lucky we are that this crisis did not happen a few years ago when the club was seriously short of cash and investment. When football restarts, we should be a force to reckon with.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The more I think about it, the more I realise how lucky we are that this crisis did not happen a few years ago when the club was seriously short of cash and investment. When football restarts, we should be a force to reckon with.
I think it depends how long the crisis lasts. If there is no football for another twelve months, every club in the lower divisions will be under threat.

Player
aldo
the knobs who went to Snowdonia ant to the beaches and parks . shame on you . looks like he is going to lock the country down and the sooner he does the quicker we get over this fkn thing just do it and lets move on

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not quite a lockdown but as close to one as we’ll get. It’s the only way AM like it or not.

Thought this was interesting:
If we halve exposure, new infections could fall by more than 95%. Scientists currently believe that each person with coronavirus infects 2.5 people and that takes about five days. Thirty days after that first infection, that means more than 400 people will be infected.

But if we all reduce our exposure by half, after 30 days, that first infection would have led to only 15 infections.

Player
aldo
they can go harder if they need to we are two to three weeks behind the Italians so they said yesterday

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
@Ian , those stats really do support the message and are really powerful.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
plus side this means Tranmere haven`t lost for a good few weeks now..
It seems like there are one or two in this position. I wonder what our longest unbeaten spell is based on time. I'd guess that we would be looking at WW2 but I think there were wartime leagues?

drwhoman

The stats about corvid 19 have been reported here in Oz as well. We live 500km out of Sydney so there is no immediate pressure here but a bit like UK you wish the govt were tougher. I suppose they are trying to keep businesses going as otherwise they will have to put more money into the social security system. As it is they are just printing the stuff!
On Liverpool, their fans might think they have dodged a bullet. All the euro comps might either be scrapped or decided on some sort of mini tournament. Will the winners ever be considered true champions given the circumstances?
Anyway, on a positive note. We should have a fully fit squad when we resume (barring training injuries!).

Player
aldo
13 of our team are out of contract in just a few months we might not have a team to start with lol having said that most lower lg teams will be in the same boat

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
13 of our team are out of contract in just a few months we might not have a team to start with lol having said that most lower lg teams will be in the same boat
I am sure the FA, the EPL and EFL will get together with the PFA to get some transitional arrangements in place to finish the season, unless this goes on for more than a few months. If contracts lapse in June and players can move on, the season cannot finish and there will be chaos. But it will depend on whether we have to wait weeks, months or (heaven forbid) years for some sort of normality.

Player
aldo
mp has said that it could be short term deals . also he said it will hit the wage bill next season . but sorta guessed it would