• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

the corona v . and sport

Player
aldo
The 3G pitch is Not getting done they have put it on the back burner for now. Also they wanted another futsal hub but that has also had to go there all I know

ADD

Player
Norwood
Biggest concern (aside from the health one obviously) is there have been suggestions today that 5 sides will be relegated from the premiership... TBH can't see that happening as would be a legal disaster but if that goes ahead then what happens for the EFL - what if they use a "pools panel" style arbitration system? Could they say that we have 1 game in hand over AFC Wimbledon but as we will not win by 11 goals that we are still relegated?....
Alternatively, could they look at current positions and relegate only 2 from L1 since it is a team short and promote the 3 teams in the automatic places.
Probably the best for us if that happens as Bolton and Southend do not deserve to stay up given realistically they are down already but on the other hand making the season null and void I guess is the easiest option?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
No way will 5 teams be relegated from the prem, it is more likely that no teams will be relegated and Leeds and West Brom go up but nothing is certain just yet

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
No decisions can be made until the end of CV can be predicted. Until then everything will be speculation.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
No decisions can be made until the end of CV can be predicted. Until then everything will be speculation.
decisions will have to bee made as it is.likely to be mammoths before we see the end of it

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Euros postponed for a year. Very sensible. Even if football is back by then, it would be better to resume the domestic season instead. But I doubt we'll see any more games for at least six months.

drwhoman

I see the EFL is releasing a 50m relief package given the financial impact of the close down. I wonder how much we will get of that and how much of our financial hole will it fill? Maybe the club will say something.

Player
aldo
i think we wont see this season done they will just cancel it ????? mp says it will take 500k for each club in lg 1 an 2

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
i think we wont see this season done they will just cancel it ????? mp says it will take 500k for each club in lg 1 an 2
I think the games will either be played behind closed doors or in july/August I don't think the season will be cancelled.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
The noises from the EFL and its teams seem to be massively in favour of completing it whenever they can. Playing behind closed doors won't bring in the missing revenue and suggests an unrealistic situation exists where players are fit, available and safe but the spectators are not. But who knows? I guess we'll have to wait and see ….

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think it will take a few months so we have a rough ride ahead but it will tail off eventually. Whether that will be too late to complete games, who knows. I don’t think any plans can be made until we are out of the woods.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I wonder what Micky and the players are up to now? No word about this. Are they still training as normal? It must be difficult organising this not knowing when the next match is to be played. Contracts will be expiring in just over three months for about half the squad, so many may have already played their last game for the club. Contract renewal and the summer transfer window could be very messy this year.

ADD

Player
Norwood
if they make ifollow available to UK residents for all games at £10/ head then surely playing behind closed doors to complete the season is the way to go...