• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

the corona v . and sport

Player
aldo
so Italy have suspended all sport . is this fkn virus going to kill off the football Lg as we know it some teams can not hold there heads above Warter in the season IE the likes of macclesfield and southend to name two loads of clubs including rovers could be in big trouble if this gets worse

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I don’t think so.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
so Italy have suspended all sport . is this fkn virus going to kill off the football Lg as we know it some teams can not hold there heads above Warter in the season IE the likes of macclesfield and southend to name two loads of clubs including rovers could be in big trouble if this gets worse
Yes, an opportunity too good to be missed for the EPL to completely kill off the EFL and keep every penny to themselves. I can't wait!

rossb07

Player
Adam Buxton
There’s discussions abound according to the times via an interview with NP about a potential payment to clubs if that was to happen. I haven’t read into it too much though...
Just on Italy, they haven’t cancelled their games, they’re just being played behind closed doors.

Player
aldo
All sport i in Italy has been suspended till end of April . As of yesterday. There was a meeting yesterday about sports in UK could be p!ayed behind closed doors and free to watch on t.v.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Mark Palios was on radio 5 last night talking about this. His suggestions included more money from the top, which he accepted was unlikely and not penalising clubs who went into administration during this period with a points penalty. Main issue is staff wages, in particular players, which must be met even though little income coming in. With reference to Rovers, he was talking about pulling certain projects for now, but perhaps understandably didn't go into more detail.

Worrying times.

Player
aldo
Madrid tonight are bringing 3000 fans to Liverpool tonight . with most of Madrid are locked down with most of the spain outbreak there and half the deaths . why the hell are there fans allowed in to our country . there games in spain are being played with no fans . sorry its stupid

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Madrid tonight are bringing 3000 fans to Liverpool tonight . with most of Madrid are locked down with most of the spain outbreak there and half the deaths . why the hell are there fans allowed in to our country . there games in spain are being played with no fans . sorry its stupid
Valencia game last night was behind closed doors but a lot of fans congregated outside of the stadium

Player
aldo
oh and the fkn reds are losing 2-3 and out of champ lg hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah loving it brilliant i am going to have a unhappy wifey lol wind up time

Player
aldo
there is talk of the season being cancelled . also they are saying the mside derby on monday might be a closed doors game . its going to happen

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Arteta has now tested positive and all EPL matches may be suspended.

If managers and players are carrying the virus, the season will surely have to be postponed / scrapped.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Arteta has now tested positive and all EPL matches may be suspended.

If managers and players are carrying the virus, the season will surely have to be postponed / scrapped.
I know this is a lot bigger issue than football but God help the EFL dealing with that. They made a complete Horlicks (other malted drinks brands are available - I think - Ovaltine?) of the Bury and Bolton situations so I shudder at their ability to manage this.

Player
aldo
what do they do if they scrape it do they wright off the season or do the places stand same with the prem imagine if they scrapped it and poor old Liverpool had to wait another 30 years . it would be brilliant seeing them suffer just a little . but lets just wait an see . but looking like it might be called

ADD

Player
Norwood
Looks like all games will be suspended until at least 4th April according to Sky....

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Looks like all games will be suspended until at least 4th April according to Sky....
If that's true it will be season over because the situation is likely to be far worse on 4th April than it is now ...

ADD

Player
Norwood
confirmed until 3rd April all EFL games cancelled - unanimous decision apparently...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The cases are decreasing in China. I think it's a good call for a few weeks rest.