• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Thanks to the Tranmere Fan

• Thread starter Yellow Submariner
  • Start date
Y

Yellow Submariner

Thanks to the Tranmere Fan who has pledged some cash towards Marine FC's 'flag day' on April 29th - a great example of how both sides of the river can work together - I'm tempted to invest in a pair of TRFC shorts with the '08' logo on them ...if we ever get any decent weather!

We are aiming to raise enough money to provide the first 200 kids with a free Marine 3' x 2' flag - kids will be admitted free with a paying adult on the day.

We are pushing hard for promotion to the Conference North and our last match Vs. Ossett Town on the 29th could be vital.

For more information go to: http://www.marinefc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=380

B

Banana Army

Good luck with both those htings. If you do get promoted ill be up to see you take on Hyde

Y

Yellow Submariner

Thanks Banana Army... yeah Hyde are doing ok in the Nationwide North - Marine Vs. Hyde used to yield some entertaining games when both clubs were near the top of the Northern Premier League.

I don't have a TRFC fixture list to hand right now - who do you have on April 29th? Your fans would be more than welcome at Marine.

I've been along to Prenton Park a couple of times recently (even missed a Marine 3-0 win in favour of the 0-0 with Bournemouth!)

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
We're Away to MK Dons on teh 29th mate :D

DixieDean

we are away to MK Dons on April 29th mate.

Your post could not have been better timed! We have a few young'uns on here who believe that you should only watch the team you support. If you come across them, just take it easy on them. They'll learn one day :D

Anyhow, welcome. My mate goes to watch Marine so I may just have to tag along one day :D

Y

Yellow Submariner

DixieDean said:
Your post could not have been better timed! We have a few young'uns on here who believe that you should only watch the team you support.

Yeah, it happens I guess. The trick is to channel that energy for the benefit of the club.

DixieDean said:
My mate goes to watch Marine so I may just have to tag along one day :D

All welcome :D The problem there can be if you follow a team (in your case I suspect Everton may be your first team?) then games can clash on a Saturday afternoon. I hope to get to a few more TRFC Friday games before the end of the season, keeping my Saturday's free to follow the Mariners.

Player
Morrisey
Your post realyy packs up what so many people have been saying about how you can work in harmony with different teams and different cities. I know someone who is a Liverpool Uni and goes to watch you! He thinks that your standard of play is o.k!!

Y

Yellow Submariner

Super_white_army said:
I know someone who is a Liverpool Uni and goes to watch you! He thinks that your standard of play is o.k!!

Well, thankfully it is this season ... :D

We've got a good deal for students coming up on March 4th, go to: http://www.marinefc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=400 for more information.

Our two clubs have a lot in common, we both wear white, we both have an accountant for a Chairman / Chair'person'?! and we both suffer the media circus that surrounds LFC and EFC and therefore don't get the support we deserve!

I think we can learn a lot from each other, Alvin can show Brian how to put a team in the top three on a limited budget and in return can we have the 'O8' logo on our shirts?! :eek:

Player
Morrisey
How about we have Alvin and you can have Brian... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Y

Yellow Submariner

Super_white_army said:
How about we have Alvin and you can have Brian... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D Er, ... no!

Alvin is signed up until at least 2008... now where else have I seen that year mentioned on this forum?!

M

Matthew The Rover

I'll be going to MK Dons sorry. But good luck (accept against Osset as my cousin plays for them)

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Im going to MK dons sorry but im willing to donate any money I went in the pre season friendly and I was welcomed at Marine the chippy next to the ground was quality

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Ill be off to mk dons, sorry, but all the best mate.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
As I'm not perpared to give one penny of my hard earned cash to Franchise FC, I'll quite happily stop by for that match, work permitting.

Y

Yellow Submariner

Birkenhead Born and Bred said:
willing to donate any money

That would be great. I guess it may be difficult for you to get a donation to Crosby by next Tuesday (this is our deadline to collect funds and then produce flags) Don't worry if you can't I'm sure there will be other chances to get involved with Marine next season if you wish. This thread was created to simply say thanks to an individual, I don't want to give the impression that I'm here cap in hand or anything (although all donations greatly appreciated) :D

I went in the pre season friendly and I was welcomed at Marine

Glad you enjoyed your 4-1 victory ... :evil:

Seriously, I'd like to think that we could play you again in the pre-season, but a little later for us when we are into our stride a bit more - last time it was our first game with an entirely new team.

the chippy next to the ground was quality

Do you think? The 'College Supper Bar' boasts "The Best Chips In Town" on an ad at Marine - personally, I'd say it was a case for Trade Descriptions :p .

Banana Army said:
Your the LillyWhites arent you?

Yeah, that's right - although over the years the "Lily" part has been dropped, from chants on the terraces, not surprising really :D

bolton_hater said:
Ill be off to mk dons, sorry, but all the best mate.

Thanks - and indeed to Rovers for the rest of the season, pity the Blackpool result did not go your way last night, but you can't rely on other teams to do it for you too much - I'm sure Rovers will sort it out.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins said:
I'll quite happily stop by for that match, work permitting.

Yeah sure, be good to see you there. Bring a TRFC scarf/shirt etc - join in our 'flag day'. Personally, (and I'm sure this would be the view of the club) I think it would be great to see other teams flags/colours etc on the day. We'll do our best to keep you informed of the latest from 'Franchise FC' as well.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Yellow Submariner said:
willing to donate any money

That would be great. I guess it may be difficult for you to get a donation to Crosby by next Tuesday (this is our deadline to collect funds and then produce flags) Don't worry if you can't I'm sure there will be other chances to get involved with Marine next season if you wish. This thread was created to simply say thanks to an individual, I don't want to give the impression that I'm here cap in hand or anything (although all donations greatly appreciated) :D

I went in the pre season friendly and I was welcomed at Marine

Glad you enjoyed your 4-1 victory ... :evil:

Seriously, I'd like to think that we could play you again in the pre-season, but a little later for us when we are into our stride a bit more - last time it was our first game with an entirely new team.

the chippy next to the ground was quality

Do you think? The 'College Supper Bar' boasts "The Best Chips In Town" on an ad at Marine - personally, I'd say it was a case for Trade Descriptions :p ..

Im sorry that we hammered you but your team done well and I was shocked when you took the lead. The chippy wasn't that bad I remember rightly I enjoyed my sausage dinner I think it wasnt that bad what I had