• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Team v Salford

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Sounds like I didn't miss much! Second round draw at 2pm on Soccer Saturday this week; I'm sure the eager anticipation will remove all notions of sleep between now and then ...
Bound to be an under-21 side away from home........

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Depressing thought!

ADD

Player
Norwood
Bound to be an under-21 side away from home........
It is confirmed that we will play one of Everton, Man U, Man City or Blackpool. The 2 Manchester clubs have already agreed to play their games away so we have a 50/50 chance of playing at home even though we were only runners up...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yippee do

ADD

Player
Norwood
Just watched MM interview after the Salford game. Not seen him so dismissive and negative in a long long time. Clearly was unimpressed with pretty much all of them. Said Pilling did "ok" which wasn't great given he seemed to have had a hell of a game - guess if Davies is injured he will look at bringing someone in again... doesn't appear either that CBJ or Maddox are likely to be pushing for a start any time soon.....

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Just watched MM interview after the Salford game. Not seen him so dismissive and negative in a long long time. Clearly was unimpressed with pretty much all of them. Said Pilling did "ok" which wasn't great given he seemed to have had a hell of a game - guess if Davies is injured he will look at bringing someone in again... doesn't appear either that CBJ or Maddox are likely to be pushing for a start any time soon.....

Wilson when fit has looked good, Hepburn-Murphy in patches has looked good but the other 3 loanees have really done nothing to far

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It's easy to pick faults after that game but I really don't think any of them were that interested at all. Not only is the competition way down in the list of priorities for the club but we were already through anyway.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agree with bigmart about the two he names while it’s impossible to call on Maddox after one meaningless game.

Player
Manager
John King
Of the three loan players Mart mentions, I think Maddox is the most likely to break into the team. I did not think he was any better than 'ok' on Tuesday, but he has got ability and looked good when he was at Cheltenham.

Player
Manager
John King
Man United under-21s at home. I will be giving it a miss, but a game against United's kids might actually draw a reasonable crowd, unfortunately.

At least the squad won't have to travel.