• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Swindon

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Absolute farce.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The current owner seems to be dragging the sale out even though the court has ordered him to sell up

Alun

Player
Eddie Dagger Roberts
The present owner, has said he is willing to sell the club, but has not received any payment from the party that wants to buy it. It is one big mess. While I feel nothing for the club, I do feel for the fans, who follow Swindon. This is not the first time Swindon has been involved in scandal, who remembers the time Swindon, won the play off, to move up to the old first division, then because of financial irregularities they got demoted to the old third division, Tranmere who were beaten the the play offs, were promoted to the second division, only to lose that spot, when Swindon appealed the decision and were allowed to play in the second division.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The present owner, has said he is willing to sell the club, but has not received any payment from the party that wants to buy it. It is one big mess. While I feel nothing for the club, I do feel for the fans, who follow Swindon. This is not the first time Swindon has been involved in scandal, who remembers the time Swindon, won the play off, to move up to the old first division, then because of financial irregularities they got demoted to the old third division, Tranmere who were beaten the the play offs, were promoted to the second division, only to lose that spot, when Swindon appealed the decision and were allowed to play in the second division.
I remember that only too well

drwhoman

Not sure why but on a more positive note this Swindon thread brought Don Rogers to mind. A fine left winger who helped them win the League Cup against Arsenal in 69. Wiki tells me that he runs a sports shop in the town. He must be very sad with all this.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Not sure why but on a more positive note this Swindon thread brought Don Rogers to mind. A fine left winger who helped them win the League Cup against Arsenal in 69. Wiki tells me that he runs a sports shop in the town. He must be very sad with all this.
He was an exceptionally talented player, idolised by Swindon fans at the time. It was his two goals in extra time that won them the League Cup. I found this clip on YouTube.

He was good enough to play for England, but Alf Ramsey never picked him. Wingers rarely got a look in in those days and England caps were not handed out as readily then as now. He would definitely make my "best uncapped team" along with Howard Kendall, Duncan Mackenzie and Bryan (Pop) Robson.

drwhoman

He was an exceptionally talented player, idolised by Swindon fans at the time. It was his two goals in extra time that won them the League Cup. I found this clip on YouTube.

He was good enough to play for England, but Alf Ramsey never picked him. Wingers rarely got a look in in those days and England caps were not handed out as readily then as now. He would definitely make my "best uncapped team" along with Howard Kendall, Duncan Mackenzie and Bryan (Pop) Robson.

Thanks BBTC. Yes - it is amazing how many good players never made it into the England team. I think Colin Harvey was another? Kendall - Harvey - Ball - a great trio at a time when Everton were a serious football team! Such a cultured trio.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Thanks BBTC. Yes - it is amazing how many good players never made it into the England team. I think Colin Harvey was another? Kendall - Harvey - Ball - a great trio at a time when Everton were a serious football team! Such a cultured trio.
Yes, Alf loved Emlyn Hughes instead!

I lived in London in the late sixties and went to Wembley often. As a result, I saw the entire international career of several very good players including Tommy Smith and John Hollins. One cap each!

drwhoman

Yes, Alf loved Emlyn Hughes instead!

I lived in London in the late sixties and went to Wembley often. As a result, I saw the entire international career of several very good players including Tommy Smith and John Hollins. One cap each!
The old Wembley has its charisma. A lot of history in that place. Early/mid 70s for me in London. I visited most of the grounds although QPR was a favourite. They were a good team back then. Arsenal were the closest to where I lived although I always found them more efficient than entertaining. Maybe the cap issue has something to do with the fact that the England player Pool was far bigger then. Very few foreign players

drwhoman

The old Wembley has its charisma. A lot of history in that place. Early/mid 70s for me in London. I visited most of the grounds although QPR was a favourite. They were a good team back then. Arsenal were the closest to where I lived although I always found them more efficient than entertaining. Maybe the cap issue has something to do with the fact that the England player Pool was far bigger then. Very few foreign players
I think that England played less games as well?

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Not really cos of the home nations comp.
I remember the old Wembley quite well, I think about six times.
I have been to the new Wembley three times and the seating and view are much better,
Trying to get a drink is just as bad as it has always been!