• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Swindon v Tranmere

Match result

• Swindon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The whole Steven Beck thing has been weird for some time. I don't know how many agents there are out there but taking so many from "his" stable seems strange. That said MP 100% understands conflicts of interest which would suggest that he feels that he gets more out of this arrangement than many of us probably think he does.
In respect of Jolley it would appear that it was a bad decision and nothing so far suggests he is going to make it with us.... but then again he is ahead of Burton who was given another year and has had no minutes whatsoever even in pre-season.
There's probably more incentive to give Jolley a chance as we've got him for another year, but agree it's a shame that Burton has been given no opportunity in pre-season.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think Jolley probably signed for the wrong club really. We are not in a position to give him games as he is still quite raw and do not have the time or resources to develop him sadly. He has wasted a year sitting on the bench and will probably do so again.

I don't have anything against Nevitt but I'm not sure I understand the recent raving about him. He was OK against Swindon and did grab a good goal against Oldham but have I missed something?!

Mani isn't a bad player if you play to his strengths. While useless in the air, he is quite tidy with the ball at his feet and can hold it up and feed others. It's a shame he doesn't have an experienced head playing alongside him.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I don't have anything against Nevitt but I'm not sure I understand the recent raving about him. He was OK against Swindon and did grab a good goal against Oldham but have I missed something?!
I appreciate that we have not seen a great deal of him and he is very raw, but Nevitt looks like a natural finisher in a way that the other strikers don't. That kind of instinct is something that players either have or don't have, and is not easily taught.

I am not sure that people are raving about him, so much as desperate for him to succeed because he is living the dream in a way that ordinary supporters can relate to. It is probably the private fantasy of a lot of football supporters to be spotted playing local league / Sunday league football and end up at a professional club.

I agree about Mani, who is not as bad as many people make out, but seems to have become something of a scapegoat.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Think scapegoat is a little unfair but I understand your comment. We certainly don't want him to become the new Stockton!
However, his signing provoked little enthusiasm with comments such as he "a decent squad player", "someone who can come off the bench if we need to go long to a target man (that was before we knew he is useless in the air) etc. etc. It is then as you suggest a touch unfair to expect him to be pulling up trees.
Chalk and cheese when Nevitt came on and immediately their CB's were put under more pressure. He is still raw naturally but MM is clearly surprised how quickly he is coming on and if fully fit I think he may well start Saturday.

Reactions: Boz

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
There's probably more incentive to give Jolley a chance as we've got him for another year, but agree it's a shame that Burton has been given no opportunity in pre-season.
The option on jolleys contact of another year is the clubs option so its far from certain it will be activated.
If we actually manage to sign another striker then I would think Jolley will go out on loan.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The option on jolleys contact of another year is the clubs option so its far from certain it will be activated.
If we actually manage to sign another striker then I would think Jolley will go out on loan.
You’re right, I’d got it in my head that we’d given him a 2.5 year deal. Think that a loan spell would be in his best interest, but will only happen if we get another striker in.