• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Swansea Vs Tranmere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Swansea next then... another tough one. Good that McLaren is back and hopefully McCready but sounds doubtful. We need a good centre back on loan if McCready isn't back in time. I can't see past a defeat but if the players pull their socks up then you never know. What does everyone else think? Anyone off here actually going?

R

REMEjnr

im going but i need a lift back to birkenhead, as im going strait from work as i work down south.

so if anybody has room in there car then id be willing to pay petrol and that.

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
gonna try an take an afternoon off school to go da game. not missin much, just how to speak german and where germany is on a map. reckon it should be a good game. mclaren should be back and i'm hopeful that mcready will be aswell. don't get me wrong, sherriffs a fantastic player for us but i don't think that him and goodison have gelled as well as mcready and goodison. hopefully shuker will break his scoring duck with a cracking twenty yarder.goin for a two one win to the rovers with greenacre bagging the other one.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I hope to god we win or at least draw this game. The last two games haven't been spectacular and I think it's fair to say it's put a few doubt's into people's minds as we ride the Ronnie wave! Quite a reality check really.

However, we must now start picking up points as our position in the top six is coming under jeopardy.

Sadly, work for me means I wont be able to attend as I dont think I'll make it to Swansea in an hour!

Fingers crossed in the chat room will have to suffice.

White Life: You mention Shuker getting of the mark. I hope you're right. What I saw at Bradford worries me though. Shuker for all his skills is very lightweight. He was brushed off the ball too easily on Saturday. We need him to be a big part of games and I hope we somehow overcome this.

Also, I'm gutted Taylor is out. It's only when you don't have a player like him in your team that you start to realise how much he's missed. No disrespect to Zola, but I'd have Taylor in there every time.

I'm worried, anxious and also exicted about Friday's game.
Up the Whites!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
All the defensive work Taylor did as well when he came back for set pieces is missed. The amount of times i've heard Derek Jones saying and Taylor heads clear when the opposition has had a corner or free kick and in the three games i've seen that has always been one of his stronger points too. When I looked at Bradford's first goal it was the man Zola was marking that got in at the back post to score... If Taylor had been playing and marking him instead maybe he would have cleared it and it may have been a different story. I think we need something on Friday... to set us up for our home game against Vale a week later. It would be nice to go into that home game in the top 6... hopefully even a point may keep us in the top 6.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm going. Lived in Swansea for a while and still have mates down there, so good to get back now and then.

From what those Swans fans I know tell me, things aren't all sweetness and light at the Liberty and their form has been very inconsistent. A full-strength side would be favourites, but with things as they are a draw would be a good result.

N

Nevin on the wing

My boss is a Swansea fan and he has just said that he hopes we win as they want the manager out. They've lost their last four games, but Lee Trundle is in line for a come back after missing the last five.

I'm going for a 1-1 draw.

J

JimSteelesJockStrap

Can't help but think it could be a wasted trip on friday. The lads really need to get back on track asap, already the chasing pack have caught up on us. We must start beating the top teams away if we are going to stand a chance of doing anything this season.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yes it is important we start beating some of the bigger teams in the league... if we are going to stay at the top end of the league! Shame Trundle is going to be back for this one but I think given the form of Leon Knight at the moment Trundle will probably start on the bench anyway. You can tell the confidence which our fans had before the Forest game has gone as posters predicting Tranmere wins are fewer. Hopefully the lads will surprise us on Friday night and cheer us up a bit.

Player
Morrisey
3-0! I just dont think that we have it to beat them at the moment. Neeed to get confidence back, but this is the wrong game to do it.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I think we should really put this into perspective.

We've only lost 3 in 12 which isn't that bad is it? I know the last 2 results haven't been great but we have to at least try and be positive.

As was mentioned things aren't too rosey at Swansea right now but I don't think we need to be relying on them not being in good shape.

A draw and a loss should be and I think will be followed by a back to form win! I'm going for 1-0 (Mullin to score). I bet Ronnie sticks them out 5 minutes early after half time to wake them up.

I'll be screaming my kitchen down on Friday night for this one!

Come on Super Whites!!

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
gonna try an take an afternoon off school to go da game. not missin much, just how to speak german and where germany is on a map.
Damn important stuff to know that, you wouldn't want to end up there by accident, and should the worst happen and you do, then you'll need to be able to tell Brunhelga that you don't want her bratwurst thank you very much.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Chris McCready looks like he might well be fit enough to step back into the breach which is a positive cos we missed his presence at the back on Saturday. Also means we won't be loaning anyone too.

Zola is recovering well, so it's only really Gareth Taylor that we're missing. I'm hoping Ronnie can get a good performance out of the lads and we can come away with something. Wouldn't be disappointed at all if we got a draw but a win could be possible. Keep believing!=D>

Player
Liam Palmer
What's wrong with Germany?

Ok, I won't answer that but I'll miss the Swans game cos I'll be in Berlin drinking.:lol:

Anyway, let's hope the boys can bring back 3 points from south Wales.

One thing not mentioned - the way the lads shambled back onto the pitch after half-time in the Huddersfield game. Town were out for a good 3 minutes, pawing the turf before we came out in ones and twos, looking half-interested. Then there's was the farce with Ellison's shirt. I think we thought we had it won!

Is this relevant? Yes, cos since then we haven't looked bothered and that has to stop - starting on Friday night. This is a tight league, every game will have to be fought for 90+ minutes - no gimmies in this division like previous years. At the same time, no use chucking it at 0-1 like last Saturday - it's all up for grabs and we have the squad to grab it, I reckon.

I need a beer now. C'mon Rovers!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Will be great news if McCready makes it. Ronnie said he will still be looking out for possible loans though and maybe even up front.

Y

YosserTRFC

Missing Swans

Good luck to Rovers tonight. Hope all the travelling fans get a great result. I will be watching my phone over in sunny Tenerife. Supper white army!!=D>

Status
Not open for further replies.