• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Sutton Utd v Rovers

Match result

• Sutton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sutton Utd v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Borough Sports Ground
Saturday, March 19, 2022 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, March 19, 2022 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Port Vale v Exeter finishes 0-0, which I think is the best outcome for us.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Aside from the Port Vale-Exeter result, the other two games didn't go our way. I'd also hoped Oldham would fight their way out of trouble, but after a promising start under Sheridan, they seem to be back in a rut with a run of defeats.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It's ridiculously tight now from 2nd to 10th
I think teams are struggling for various reasons such as injuries, pressure etc and it is really inconsistent up there at the moment. The only real form team is Bristol Rovers who have won four on the spin. I was hoping we might get a clearer picture with 5/6 games to go but it looks like there's no chance in this league.

Player
Manager
John King
Yes, there is a lot of inconsistency, and with several sides still having games in hand it is impossible to call.

We have two very winnable fixtures coming up, and we need six points ahead of the crunch fixtures against the West Country teams.

It is strange to say, but I think this is the first time in over thirty years that we have gone into the final weeks of a Football League season with a realistic chance of automatic promotion. It is a great opportunity.

Last edited:
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It is strange to say, but I think this is the first time in over thirty years that we have gone into the final weeks of a Football League season with a realistic chance of automatic promotion. It is a great opportunity.
I remember we were in the hunt under Brian Little in 2004/05, vying with Luton and Hull. Although we fell shot by seven points, we were well in it at the end of March. However, the last time we were promoted without going through the play-offs was 1988/89 in tier four, where we are now.

Player
Manager
John King
I remember we were in the hunt under Brian Little in 2004/05, vying with Luton and Hull. Although we fell shot by seven points, we were well in it at the end of March.
We were not realistic contenders in the final three or four weeks of the season, whereas I think we will be this time.

The home defeat to Hull in early March of that season effectively ended our automatic chances. The gap between second and third positions was only seven points in the end, but only because Hull were promoted in mid-April and then put their flip-flops on and did not win any of their final four games.

Last edited:

overthewater

Player
chris malkin
We were not realistic contenders in the final three or four weeks of the season, whereas I think we will be this time.

The home defeat to Hull in early March of that season effectively ended our automatic chances. The gap between second and third positions was only seven points in the end, but only because Hull were promoted in mid-April and then put their flip-flops on and did not win any of their final four games.
As I recall, we were always third in a two-horse race that season. It didn't help when it came to the play-offs though as we had no momentum