• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Sutton red card overturned

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Mentioned elsewhere but glad to see that the FA have taken some action here. Aside from the red card being overturned the cheating so and so from Welling has been charged under the new feigning injury rule and could face a three match ban himself.

Would rather have the three points though.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Three points weren't guaranteed though Gray. Like the new ruling but will they continue to enforce it? I hope so..

Colin K

Player
Ryan Taylor
I'm not sure I am a fan of the ruling. I'm a firm believer in the old philosophy "if it's not broke then don't fix it". People love the game of football without the need to introduce goal-line technology or feigning injury rules. Much like the World Cup when England were robbed by the "hand of god". This is a moment in football folk law and by introducing these new systems and rules I believe it takes something out of the edginess of game. The luck that teams get come and go, it all part of the attraction of football!

drwhoman

It will be interesting to see the response if Costa,say, is charged under the ruling. There will be a real media kerfuffle. The National League is one thing, the EPL another!

M

Mal

I disagree Colin, simply because there has been an increase in players cheating in the last 10 years. They are so thick they will even do it in front of cameras. Rolling about holding head when there was no contact to the head was outrageous. The linesman was hopeless all game. We used to have men playing the game not schoolboys.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'm against deliberate, blatant cheating and now we have videoed matches, you might as well use the footage to right wrongs and punish the guilty. It will be a great deterrent.

I've long been a fan of using technology in football as in rugby and cricket. Referees get a lot of stick from fans who have the benefit of TV pictures. It's only right that anything we can see, the ref (or at least the fourth official) should see.

OK, we don't have the same TV coverage in the NL as in the PL, but let the authorities use what they can.