• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Sunderland v Rovers

ADD

Player
Norwood
There are probably only one or two who don't.
Maybe I just don't know RLC - but there must be a decent rump of teams whose budget even if bigger than ours are bigger by not much? We are 12th in the attendance league for example? Always accepting we are nowhere near the top sides of course financially...

Player
ian goodison
I sat through the southend game where injuries played a part then nearly the same team turn up at sunderland and get hammered but in all honesty I,m expecting the same team on Saturday, does he not trust the two full-backs we have on loan? I get the impression we send a team out and keep our fingers crossed as to what performance we come up with

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I sat through the southend game where injuries played a part then nearly the same team turn up at sunderland and get hammered but in all honesty I,m expecting the same team on Saturday, does he not trust the two full-backs we have on loan? I get the impression we send a team out and keep our fingers crossed as to what performance we come up with
Do you? I've not made so many games to date. Borthwick-Jackson looked weak defensively when he came on v Burton and he didn't give the impression he was happy to be on the field. Seen Wilson once v Bolton, perhaps expecting a bit more from him in the attacking sense, but looked more confident. I though Caprice was off the boil v Southend, but it sounds like he was one of our better players at Sunderland, though that's damning with faint praise.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Maybe I just don't know RLC - but there must be a decent rump of teams whose budget even if bigger than ours are bigger by not much? We are 12th in the attendance league for example? Always accepting we are nowhere near the top sides of course financially...
Our wage budget is £2.5 million, which is very low for the division. Clubs like Shrewsbury, Bristol Rovers and Blackpool are at about £4 million, so there is a significant gulf between us and even the middling sides.

There is only one club in the division with a lower budget than us that I know of: Accrington, at £1.6 million.

We probably are close in budget to a club like Gillingham, but then we are close to them in the league table as well.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Do you? I've not made so many games to date. Borthwick-Jackson looked weak defensively when he came on v Burton and he didn't give the impression he was happy to be on the field. Seen Wilson once v Bolton, perhaps expecting a bit more from him in the attacking sense, but looked more confident. I though Caprice was off the boil v Southend, but it sounds like he was one of our better players at Sunderland, though that's damning with faint praise.
I think Wilson might be better than Caprice in the long term, but Ridehalgh definitely deserves to start ahead of Borthwick-Jackson from what I have seen.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I believe Nelson & Wilson although on the bench have not been fit enough to start, not sure they will be on Saturday.

Ferrier, Woods and Potter should be back within the next 10 days or so.

As for Miller I think his contract is likely to be up around the time he will be fit, I would expect him and Pontecelli to leave in january