• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Sunderland v Rovers

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It is a big night for the club on Tuesday. A little under two years ago we lost to a last minute winner at a deserted Gateshead International Stadium, and the fact that this game is even taking place is a measure of our recent progress.

Sunderland come into the game in poor form, having lost successive away matches, but this will be Phil Parkinson's first home game in charge and they have plenty of motivation to earn three points. Their best player, Aidan McGeady, is suspended, but they have plenty of other threats such as McNulty up front. Max Power has scored a couple of eye-catching goals recently and started at the weekend.

I think we should revert to a solid, experienced line up for this game. I would play the 532 that got us results against Peterborough and Rotherham:

Davies
Morris / Caprice Nelson Ray Monthe Ridehalgh
Danns Potter Perkins
Payne Mullin

If Potter is not fit, I would play Morris behind the front two, or alternatively use Jennings in that position with Morris at right wing back.

A draw would be a great result and I think close to 1,000 SWA will travel.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I can see some attractions of using the formation RLC suggests, but with the following caveats;

Caprice was poor on Friday and if Morris is needed elsewhere, it might be worth considering using Wilson.

I would not use Perkins and Danns together unless certain that both are fully fit. Otherwise, keep Perkins for the bench, use Potter if available, otherwise both Morris and Jennings in midfield.

I can't see us taking anything from this game, hope we can keep the scoreline respectable.

Player
aldo
we said that abt the Coventry game . so lets be god dam positive . me out see ya in a few weeks

Player
ian goodison
I never gave us a chance at Coventry but as jimmy greaves used to say *IT,S A FUNNY OLD GAME* so anything could happen, I too would drop caprice as defensively to me he,s suspect and I think we will need to defend better than of late

Player
Manager
John King
Wycombe at home in the FA Cup. Crap draw but at least we are at home. We now play Wycombe on successive weekends.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Terrible draw. Tough game and no novelty value.

Reactions: Ian
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Wycombe at home in the FA Cup. Crap draw but at least we are at home. We now play Wycombe on successive weekends.
Add to that the fact that the following week's game is on Sky TV, meaning that the cup game probably won't be. But srriously. we seem to play better against the better teams than the weaker ones. Remember Oxford City and Southport last season.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Add to that the fact that the following week's game is on Sky TV, meaning that the cup game probably won't be. But srriously. we seem to play better against the better teams than the weaker ones. Remember Oxford City and Southport last season.
Remember Spurs!!

Player
Manager
John King
I would actually fancy us more against Spurs than Wycombe at the moment !

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not confident going into this one. Whilst they are not particularly pulling up trees this season they are pretty formidable at home and it'll require some performance to come away with points here.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Totally off topic, but I thought we all needed cheering up. Someone's best FA Cup goals of 18/19. Connor's at Southport is first up and is rated the best.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Have to say I don't fancy our chances tonight..
Getting a point would do me fine - I would even not be too disappointed if we take nothing from the game but play decently after that performance against Southend. CBT is out (another hamstring!!) and nobody aside from maybe Potter will be back from injury....

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
My first away game this season albeit I’m sitting in the home end with some family who are Mackems. Last time I did this we lost 5-1 so hoping for a different outcome.

the locals up here aren’t impressed with the choice of manager. Our only chance is if we start well and go in front, the locals will turn as this is a game they thinK they should win easily.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Backline unchanged. Jennings back in and Mullin starts with Payne. Maddox on the bench. Will he finally get on for us tonight??

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
2 down already after it looks like we started brightly.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We did start well until we had to defend. Terrible. 3-0.