• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Summerbee recieves Spanish Archer !!!!!!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I was always a fan of sumerbee but he hadnt been that impressive for us, but i thought he was worth keeping. ah well.

DixieDean

any winger who cannot run should be put out to grass....

in fact so should any manager who hires a winger that cannot run...

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think he probably had a very dangerous cross... it was just that he didn't have the pace to get himself into the position to make those crosses, which a winger needs! So all in all if we are to play with a right wing player, i'd rather we play with Aiston who can get into dangerous positions even if he doesn't produce that many quality crosses.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Should never have been given a chance, it should have been abundantly clear during even the first training session of his trial that he no longer had any pace, couldn't tackle or track back and was completely un-fit. Shockingly bad assessment by Brian to play Summerbee for four league games, games that could have been valuable experience or a springboard to the first team for players like Jennings, Tremarco and most of all Brown.

I hope Brian will learn from this mistake, but I'm worried that he'll lean the other way instead and panic buy or rather panic loan in another old codger with 'experience' - at this rate our own home-grown players won't be getting a sniff.

Griff

I'm not littles biggest fan, but i dont blaim him for giving summerbee a go.

He probably played his heart out in training in order to get a contract.

It was worth a try and at least hes got rid of him sonner rather then later.

Its a bit sad that once decent players cant let go. Many younger fans will only remember him as the crap winger who played a handful of games for us and then got booted out.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm sorry, but NO! NBDH is absolutely right. He should never have been given the chance. The guy was clearly past his best and it would surprise me if he ended up at another league club in the same division.

Nothing against the guy, he's just past it. He was shockingly bad and ineffective in the games that he was lucky enough to play in.

Very bad mistake, but we all make mistakes :wink:

Glad he's gone. Let's give the younger lads a chance. :D

Griff said:
I'm not littles biggest fan, but i dont blaim him for giving summerbee a go.

He probably played his heart out in training in order to get a contract.

It was worth a try and at least hes got rid of him sonner rather then later.

Its a bit sad that once decent players cant let go. Many younger fans will only remember him as the crap winger who played a handful of games for us and then got booted out.

well who do you blame?

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
played his heart out fair enough, but why did he go ccrap like he didnt care??

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

never thought much of him anyway but he was good at bradford.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
surely little must have seen the guy couldnt run to catch a bus, nevermind down the wing!!

i simply cant understand why he thought he would be any use. what, maybe he dazzled little with his fancy footwork, which probably explains why whitmore is still at the club, but...

seriously, very worrying. the same can be said about facey really. if swindon didnt want him, it kind of makes you wonder really..

2+2 brian?

M

Matthew The Rover

Ian said:
surely little must have seen the guy couldnt run to catch a bus, nevermind down the wing!!

i simply cant understand why he thought he would be any use. what, maybe he dazzled little with his fancy footwork, which probably explains why whitmore is still at the club, but...

seriously, very worrying. the same can be said about facey really. if swindon didnt want him, it kind of makes you wonder really..

2+2 brian?

Maybe he hypnotised Brian by saying:

Nicky Summerbee said:
Look into the eyes, the eyes, the eyes, dont look around the eyes, don't look around the eyes, look into the eyes. *clicks fingers* Your under! When you wake up you WILL offer Nick Summerbee a contract because I am amazing. You will not, I repeat not, play Paul Brown or any other young winger, or indeed Sam Aiston. You will play me, Nicky Summerbee, the fastest player in the league. *clicks fingers* Your back in the room!

Problem was, Adam Baas tried the same thing and Little woke up.