• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Stevenage v Rovers

Match result

• Stevenage

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stevenage v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Lamex Stadium
Saturday, April 23, 2022 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, April 23, 2022 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Mellon has enough credit in the bank to start next season as manager. Hopefully the recruitment will improve with less emphasis on players under 22 and over 35 years of age.
Yes spot on. We need more players in their mid/late 20s getting towards their prime years. We also need more pace in the group. All down to budgets of course but we do seem to have an imbalance

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Sparky raises the point in relation to Clarke’s captaincy that I made with regard to how he might fare in a management role. Does he have the arm round the shoulder approach in his locker? All hairdryer can only go so far and PC doesn’t seem to hold back in dishing out the bollockings.

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
Utter utter dogshit. Possibly the worst performance of the season against one of the worst teams in the league.

There is no excusing that performance, and it again shows that there is a huge problem with the way that the team is told to perform away from home.

I dont care what anyone says about the home form, you cannot be as toothless and negative as Mellon sets us up to be away from home and expect success. 50% of our games are away from home and it is turgid to watch!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Why again did we not have a full quota of subs, Maguire at least gives a defensive option or have a youngster for rhe experience

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Why again did we not have a full quota of subs, Maguire at least gives a defensive option or have a youngster for rhe experience
It depends whether there are disciplinary issues relating to Maguire, the same as there were with players like Adam Dawson in previous seasons.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
It depends whether there are disciplinary issues relating to Maguire, the same as there were with players like Adam Dawson in previous seasons.
He was in the training photos earlier in the week I find it hard to believe that's the case

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Sparky raises the point in relation to Clarke’s captaincy that I made with regard to how he might fare in a management role. Does he have the arm round the shoulder approach in his locker? All hairdryer can only go so far and PC doesn’t seem to hold back in dishing out the bollockings.
Earlier this season I wondered if he’d dished out some verbals to Doohan which won’t have helped his confidence as a young keeper playing behind him whereas probably water of a ducks back for Murphy.

Player
Manager
John King
He was in the training photos earlier in the week I find it hard to believe that's the case
If he is never in matchday squads, it is possible he has been told he is surplus to requirements and to look elsewhere.

Player
Manager
John King
But then we are still paying his wages so why not have him.on the bench, it's another totally baffling decision
Mellon probably thinks there is no point if he has no intention of using him. I still think there could be a disciplinary aspect, with Mellon not wanting to include players in the squad who don't do enough in training.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes I suspect with Micky it’s his way or you don’t feature - end of story.
To be fair to Micky with his record of promotions you can’t blame as he knows what is needed for success so if a player won’t buy into that then he’s not required.

Next season I think ability will be important for new signings but mentality will be crucial to deal with those pressures away from home

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
when your, manager says we need to do a little better away from home, you have to start wondering if he is watching the same shit we have been away from all the away games, I've not been online for a few weeks with a holiday and a broken laptop at least I've not been able to rant on er we are not going to make the playoffs got more chance of Kingy coming back we wish also if Mellon Left today I would not be too bothered, we need someone who likes to play attacking play and not boring side to side crap few rant over

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
and regarding the price increase next season we need and should demand a team that is willing to fight and battle and score more than the odd goal when you look at our season the fact we have only scored 50 in 44 games and 3 in 1 game and 4 in 1 other even Oldham have scored 6 in 1 game so what I am saying is we are not getting entertained, especially away from home, and how many bad teams have we made to look like Brazil we have always seen to screw it up and I am afraid to say it but that's the Managers job this season is a massive failure for me, an MP has to take the blame too