• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Stevenage v Rovers

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Want to see more from Paul Lewis today too.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
That is a downright weird selection at the back from Keith Hill. Morris looked more assured at left-back than Khan did on the right, so why not move Macdonald over to the right and play Morris on the left? Elsewhere, while arguably Banks deserved a start after his good showing in midweek, need to hope it's a game where he doesn't go awol or get sent off for silly challenges

i know what you mean Boz but maybe hill is thinking McDonald at RB and Morris at LB is two square pegs in round holes whereas at least Callum will be comfortable at LB as he’s struggled at RB in terms of being in possession. May also depend on the strength of the oppositions wide men

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
There should be better balance with MacDonald on the left and a right footer on the right. Hill is obviously banking on this compensating for an inexperienced right back.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Want to see more from Paul Lewis today too.

yes he runs about a lot but not seen much else. Maybe I’m being unfair as he’s one of those players who does a lot of work that is unnoticed unlike spearing who throws himself into tackles

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
i know what you mean Boz but maybe hill is thinking McDonald at RB and Morris at LB is two square pegs in round holes whereas at least Callum will be comfortable at LB as he’s struggled at RB in terms of being in possession. May also depend on the strength of the oppositions wide men

There should be better balance with MacDonald on the left and a right footer on the right. Hill is obviously banking on this compensating for an inexperienced right back.
There are other ways of addressing this surely? Could play Ray or Hayde as right back, use Monthe as left back and move MacDonald on the right. I felt Khan got away with a few things in the pizza cup because the Leicester kids didn't press or close down enough. Don't think we'll have that luxury today and it could come back to bite us, though, as always, I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.

Player
aldo
shame Lloyd is not playing but a positive team selection lets do this lads a good performance and a good score please

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I thought Kahn actually looked more comfortable in possession than Morris on Wednesday night, albeit he was not tested much defensively.

Player
ian goodison
is nelson injured ? if not I would pick him or ray before monthe whose attitude seems all over the place, on paper the Tranmere job should have been a dream for KH after the run we were on, but honestly baffled at the moment

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
shame Lloyd is not playing but a positive team selection lets do this lads a good performance and a good score please

yes Lloyd with his 2 midweek goals would have been hoping for a starting berth but we have a lot of attacking players plus Woolery, Vaughan and Ferrier did well at Barnsley

Player
Manager
John King
Good start from Rovers but Monthe ducks under a free header he should have scored.....

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Is Guyana by the Netherlands?!?

anyway back to the game, decent start but a win clearly here for the taking

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Stevenage look terrible. We have to be beating these surely.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Still a bit too negative. Passing back to Davies when we should be psassing it forwards. Come on lads, get the ball forward!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
0-0 at the break. Think we’ve been the better side with a few decent balls into the box but not really tested the opposition keeper. Stevenage looking average at best.

3 points definitely here for the taking but need to get Ferrier and Woolery more involved and try and get banks further forward. I’m already thinking about getting CBT, Feeney or Lloyd on to do some damage but don’t want another league game where the opposite Keeper has nothing to do. Khan holding his own at RB and looking neat and tidy.

Player
Manager
John King
We have been the better side, dominating possession for long periods, but we have not offered enough in the final third. Vaughan is too isolated and we miss the guile of Feeney or Morris. I think we will have to change things tactically to win it.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The match stats suggest that Stevenage are having more goal attempts, don’t know if that’s a fair reflection of the game overall?

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Well if anything is bigger than zero the stats are right....a couple of wishy-washy headed attempts is about it for us. Hill says he values effort above anything else......well he's got that from a bunch of headless chickens