• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Stevenage v Rovers

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The thing with the manager issue is we didn't need to suspend Ronnie...nothing's been proved yet.
However because he's only been suspended, we're more or less stuck with McMahon until the betting inquiry is concluded. The other option would have been to bring in someone on a short-term deal to the season's end, but guess there aren't the funds for that.
I find it very hard to understand why the players, who were well up for it against Coventry, suggesting they don't dislike the assistant manager, have been nowhere near that level in the last couple of games. Everyone knows how Westley sides play with that in yer face attitude, so there should have been no surprise about what to expect at Stevenage, the lack of fight in this game is as much a concern as the result.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I find it very hard to understand why the players, who were well up for it against Coventry, suggesting they don't dislike the assistant manager, have been nowhere near that level in the last couple of games.

On Saturday it was his apparent inability to chage things at half time that concerned me. Despite being battered for much of the first half, we were still in the game at 1-0 at that point - similar to MK Dons away - and a rousing team talk and a couple of tactical adjustments could have got us back into it. Instead of which, the second half was even worse if anything.

Anyway, hopefully it was a one-off and my concerns regarding JMac are unfounded. We will soon find out.......

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
What's sad is that no matter who's in charge, the players should be up for it from the kick off. Being in the position we are in and then putting in that kind of performance. Unacceptable..