• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Stevenage v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm in Hertfordshire this weekend and dragging my hosts along to see this one. First visit to the Lamex. I planned the trip a month or so back when things were looking rosy, but not sure quite what to expect now.

The home side have done much better than expected after the decimation of their squad over the summer. Much of this must be down to the signing of ampelsou's hero Lucas Atkins. Their recent results have been mixed, but a creditable draw was achieved against form-side Bournemouth in midweek.

Ash Taylor is banned, no news on Wallace yet and Ronnie's options bolstered by the new loanees. Particularly with Ash's absence meaning there is an enforced defensive change, I suspect he'll keep Zoum at left-back. Presume Goodi is likely to be drafted in ahead of Daniels. Up front O'Halloran will come in for Stockton

Getting anything out of this would be an achievement, but I'm not hopeful.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Getting anything out of this would be an achievement, but I'm not hopeful.

Stevenage's recent home form is poor, with heavy defeats in their last two matches to add to a four goal demolition at Bramall Lane. They certainly don't look as solid as they did a month or so ago.

While I am always nervous about an away game against a top six side, this is really a match we have to take something from with potentially tougher games at Sheff Utd and Swindon to follow.

Our away form is still superb and our recent away performances have been far better than those at Prenton Park. A good result on saturday is by no means out of the question.

I am not actually certain that O'Halloran will start and think Ronnie may be tempted to go with the side that finished the game on Tuesday night. I am not too concerned about Ash's absence as I think he could do with a rest; I would expect Wallace to play.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
They certainly don't look as solid as they did a month or so ago.

Sounds familiar. Nah, I agree with all of that. Provided Goodison and Gibson can combine forces to nullify (as best they can) the threat of Atkins, then I think we have a good chance.

I reckon Peter O'Hanrahanrahan will get some game time, but probably not start.

Status
Not open for further replies.