• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Starting football again

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
An interesting view from NP regarding PPG in that the clubs that would have been relegated based on PPG last season three of them actually avoided relegation. I’m convinced we would have done the same but it is what it is. There is no one solution that fits all.

I’ve actually got to the point where I would be happy just to have football back again whatever division we find ourselves in. The idea of mass gatherings still seems a long time away at this present moment.

Last edited:
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Alan Nixon now suggesting more than one option is still on the table.

We will see....

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
There is a lot of guesswork going on by journalists, if it comes down to it we should be looking to.play on as it would at least give us a fighting chance of staying up if it was to happen.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Looks like we are toast - EFL says relegation to happen 100% if season is curtailed... and suggests only 51% vote needed. Bloody ridiculous if you ask me but we made our bed I suppose...

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Looks like we are toast - EFL says relegation to happen 100% if season is curtailed... and suggests only 51% vote needed. Bloody ridiculous if you ask me but we made our bed I suppose...
It is a joke that league 2 can end the season but have play offs which even more laughable 2 teams cannot afford to.play in.

Our hope now is enough teams vote to play on which I doubt will happen or the play offs so not go ahead and we are saved that way.

Player
Manager
John King
It is a joke that league 2 can end the season but have play offs which even more laughable 2 teams cannot afford to.play in.

Our hope now is enough teams vote to play on which I doubt will happen or the play offs so not go ahead and we are saved that way.
If the play offs don't happen, they will probably just promote the fourth placed team in League Two.

Player
Manager
John King
So a League Two club that voted to end the season gets to play a play off match and replace us, while we get no opportunity to play for our survival despite being able to play on !

A disgraceful decision.

Reactions: Ian

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
So a League Two club that voted to end the season gets to play a play off match and replace us, while we get no opportunity to play for our survival despite being able to play on !

A disgraceful decision.
Especially as they cannot afford to play in the play offs, it really is a joke

ADD

Player
Norwood
I had hoped that after a couple of hours I would have calmed down a bit but no I am even more pissed off!
I, as the regulars on here know, have been highly critical of some of the play and managerial decision making this season and indeed before the 3 game winning streak had accepted we were going down and frankly deserved to BUT the proposal to be relegated like this is simply incredible. I doubt MP will want togo legal but we have to in my book. If this isn't force majeure when the UK is soon to be in the biggest recession ever, then I have no idea what is. Simply unacceptable and the EFL need suing - hopefully Ipswich, Peterborough etc. will front up as well.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I had hoped that after a couple of hours I would have calmed down a bit but no I am even more pissed off!
I, as the regulars on here know, have been highly critical of some of the play and managerial decision making this season and indeed before the 3 game winning streak had accepted we were going down and frankly deserved to BUT the proposal to be relegated like this is simply incredible. I doubt MP will want togo legal but we have to in my book. If this isn't force majeure when the UK is soon to be in the biggest recession ever, then I have no idea what is. Simply unacceptable and the EFL need suing - hopefully Ipswich, Peterborough etc. will front up as well.
We should play on like the champ & pram intend too.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I suppose we should have expected a bridge job, just look at the way the league handled the cases with Bolton and bury.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Nice little bit on Talk Sport

Also I just read it will cost the EFL £50m in refunds to TV rights holders if season not completed .... most of that of course will be Chamionship but even so....

drwhoman

I agree with AM. Can a decision be made and we can move on. Relegation is not the end of the world. Who would be a Stevenage fan! Also, the last thing we want is for clubs going bust if forced to play on. It is not without significance that the a number of the clubs in L1 not wanting to void the season are big clubs with big fan bases and big commitments. That are desperate to get back up the pyramid.

Player
Manager
John King
I agree with AM. Can a decision be made and we can move on. Relegation is not the end of the world. Who would be a Stevenage fan! Also, the last thing we want is for clubs going bust if forced to play on. It is not without significance that the a number of the clubs in L1 not wanting to void the season are big clubs with big fan bases and big commitments. That are desperate to get back up the pyramid.
I could not disagree more. The Palioses are fighting the decision all the way, quite rightly.

drwhoman

I hear you RLC and I do not disagree with the sentiment. I will not be happy if we are relegated and I wish Mark well. However, it is going on too long and all the indications are that any arguments he puts forward will be to no avail. I like to think I will be proved wrong! This whole thing is having a huge financial impact throughout the pyramid and a decision needs to be taken.

drwhoman

I would suggest that it is not all the EFL’s fault. There are too many different club agendas. Self interest rather than the overall good of the game is the root cause of the problem and money, as always, has a heavy influence in that respect. Sunderland, Ipswich etc are desperate to get out of L1 and they will tread on everyone else to do it.

Player
Manager
John King
I hear you RLC and I do not disagree with the sentiment. I will not be happy if we are relegated and I wish Mark well. However, it is going on too long and all the indications are that any arguments he puts forward will be to no avail. I like to think I will be proved wrong! This whole thing is having a huge financial impact throughout the pyramid and a decision needs to be taken.
We are in a position to complete the season. If other clubs want to end the season prematurely in their own self interest, it should not be at the expense of a club that is in a position to play.