• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Starting football again

Player
aldo
well if they do go with him that's f$%kn great isn't it I hope he don,t do that it will sour things a little in my eyes

Player
aldo
also if the players are sold as long as it's reinvested then so be it we will get over them move on and get more heroes to love and hold on to

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Are CBT and Monthe meant to be going to Dundee Utd as well?
a few in for both players apparently including Salford for CBT and oomph for months but don't think Dundee I see in for them.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Could that sort of sum help us recruit Vaughan or another proven goalscorer ?

If we want to recruit a manager from outside of the club, we could also be in a position to pay compensation ourselves.

I still want CBT to stay though.
for me this is key, if the majority of.money is invested into the squad then it will be accepted.easier if.little is invested then it really don't bode well.

Reactions: Boz

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The Manny to Portsmouth rumours have been around before, he’s meant to want to move down south.

CBT I would prefer us to keep even if it means he goes on a free, as we haven’t got anyone similar. Though we can’t afford to do that. Selling him to another L2 side would send all the wrong signals and would be very disappointing

Player
aldo
agree to sell to another team in our LG is stupid. also, I think mp will use the money to reinvest in other things than the team if I'm right he said that in the past . was talking to jimmy Harvey today and mm is gone it will be confirmed tomorrow morning

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Somebody has tweeted Alan nixon asking if John McGowan will be dangerous for our job, the response was interesting thought.

Make of that what you will.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Somebody has tweeted Alan nixon asking if John McGowan will be dangerous for our job, the response was interesting thought.

eric Nixon and John McGreal??

Boz

Player
Iain Hume

Never heard of him and when I googled, the only name I could find was an ex Queens Park defender who’s had some involvement in futsal??

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
John McGreal’s managerial record is ok, from what I remember of last season’s 1-1, Colchester were difficult to beat but didn’t impress as an attacking unit. Don’t remember him doing much media stuff when a player. As well as his managerial ability Micky was a good communicator who had a rapport with the fans. While being an ex-player will cut him some slack, think the coming season is not going to be easy and we’ll need a manager who can send out a positive message to the fanbase.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Had a quick look on a Colchester fan forum and while it's not a hive of activity, those posting don't seem too bothered about the prospect of losing McGreal to Rovers.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
McGreal is an obvious choice to be linked having got Colchester to the play offs. However I'd prefer someone who has promotion experience at this level e.g Paul Cook or John Coleman.

The more I think about Micky leaving, the more gutted I become.

Surely Ronnie doesn't have a chance?!?!?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
John McGreal’s managerial record is ok, from what I remember of last season’s 1-1, Colchester were difficult to beat but didn’t impress as an attacking unit. Don’t remember him doing much media stuff when a player. As well as his managerial ability Micky was a good communicator who had a rapport with the fans. While being an ex-player will cut him some slack, think the coming season is not going to be easy and we’ll need a manager who can send out a positive message to the fanbase.
McGreal seems quite dour and introverted, similar to Challinor really.

It is difficult to assess his record, without knowing how much he has spent. Colchester have always been in or around the play off places in recent years, which would be a good performance on an average budget.

The Colchester fans don't rate him, but are their expectations realistic ?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I was there and seem to remember the score as 2-0. We were superb. Colchester were not bad and had been doing well recently. McGreal has a reasonable record, but why would he move to a club in the same division when he might be able to go one better with Colchester next season?