• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Starting football again

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think the general assumption is that kids are not as active in passing it on or getting it in the first place. Agreed AM, not normal for kids at all.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Hearts did not get the courts approval to ruile on their case but the 3 promoted teams also did not get what they wanted as the courts refused to dismiss Hearts case.So now has to go to arbritration and both sides have to disclose all documents ---- could be interesting for the EFL though they will probably lose them... nice summary here..

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Rumours elsewhere now that CBT and Monthe are likely to be sold.

I would not be too bothered about Monthe as we have other good defenders and he actually struggled a fair bit last season, but CBT would be a big loss. He would be a game changer in League Two.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Rumours elsewhere now that CBT and Monthe are likely to be sold.

I would not be too bothered about Monthe as we have other good defenders and he actually struggled a fair bit last season, but CBT would be a big loss. He would be a game changer in League Two.
Monthe was a key part of our defence that had a big say in us getting promoted.

If the money is reinvested in the playing squad and we were able to bring in the likes of James Vaughan then it wouldn't be too bad a loss, if the money is not for the squad then the can we of a promotion challenge would be very slim.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Monthe is a good div 2 player. Little more exposed in div 1 but it would be a shame to lose him.

Player
Manager
John King
I know Monthe is a decent player in League Two. However, my point was that we also have Clarke, Nelson and potentially Ellis in that position, all of whom will be capable at that level, whereas we have no replacement for CBT.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ellis is too injury prone to be relied on and i think I’d much rather have Manny at the back then Sid as I think he’s more imposing.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It’s getting worrying if we’re talking of selling given we haven’t offered contracts and only have ten signed up. Are the finances worse than we thought?

Player
Manager
John King
Ellis is too injury prone to be relied on and i think I’d much rather have Manny at the back then Sid as I think he’s more imposing.
Ellis has had one very serious injury but has he had recurring injury problems during his career ?

If Ellis signs, he and Clarke would be first choice, so Monthe would not necessarily start anyway.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ellis has had one very serious injury but has has he had recurring injury problems during his career ?
Not sure, but age probably isn't helping.

If Ellis signs, he and Clarke would be first choice, so Monthe would not necessarily start anyway.
That would be my first choice too but I would prefer Manny in the squad as opposed to not having him at all. We need to try and keep hold of decent players for when we have our annual injury nightmare.

Player
Manager
John King
In a perfect world, I agree, but we might need to generate funds to strengthen other areas of the squad. At least we have cover at centre back, whereas we lose a lot of pace and creativity if CBT goes. Players of his type are hard to find.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Would be gutted if CBT went. Over the years there has been times when we’ve had very little pace in the side and he had it plus an eye for goal e.g Winners at Coventry and Blackpool away.
he did though at times look very much in development so he’d have to be careful as he could end up somewhere and be warming the bench

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Would be gutted if CBT went. Over the years there has been times when we’ve had very little pace in the side and he had it plus an eye for goal e.g Winners at Coventry and Blackpool away.
he did though at times look very much in development so he’d have to be careful as he could end up somewhere and be warming the bench
Coventry and Shrewsbury away.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Interesting isn't it, the differing views on contracted players? One view being that you develop them and sell them on for profit, the other that you try to keep them because (by definition) they have developed and improved! Unfortunately for us, selling players for a profit who haven't developed (eg: Ray) doesn't work!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Rumoured to be between £400-450k in compo & transfer fees for Mellon CBT & monthe not a bad amount as all 3 have 1 year left in their contracts.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Depends really. Will losing our manager and players cost us more then 450k ?

Player
Manager
John King
Could that sort of sum help us recruit Vaughan or another proven goalscorer ?

If we want to recruit a manager from outside of the club, we could also be in a position to pay compensation ourselves.

I still want CBT to stay though.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Are CBT and Monthe meant to be going to Dundee Utd as well?