• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Starting football again

ADD

Player
Norwood
I am sure there are discussions going on behind the scenes but I would have expected us to press the button by now if we were going to do so. I suppose it maybe taking longer deciding if there are genuine discussions of cooordinated legal approaches with Ipswich, Peterborough etc. Ultimately though I would say 5pm tomorrow is the likely deadline as there is a Q&A on Wednesday at 7pm scheduled with Mark and Nicky and they will not want that still up in the air at that point.

ADD

Player
Norwood
As a follow on Sky Sports also is running today with MP's statement put on the website.

What I hadn't seen is the comment that
"The EFL changed the regulations to require arbitration proceedings directly challenging the vote to be commenced within seven days of the vote, but the club intends to take a more considered approach, as we have many other legal remedies with no such time constraints. "

Unreal but you have to hand it to them - they shaft clubs like us and then insist that should we wish to challenge this that we do so within 7 days.... and don't forget that was voted on and approved by our fellow "football family" clubs.... I might get over this one of these days but for now I say this - if there are any more Bury's around the corner as there must be then tough luck and yes it will hurt the fans but frankly I don't care...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I might get over this one of these days but for now I say this - if there are any more Bury's around the corner as there must be then tough luck and yes it will hurt the fans but frankly I don't care...
Playing devils advocate, if the situation were reversed and we found ourselves mid table, how would we have voted?

Would MP have spent time drafting another solution just for the fairness of all clubs if it did not affect us?

Clubs are just voting out if self interest and I’m sure we would have done the same if it meant securing another season in league one.

I think our frustrations need to be directed at the EFL and not the clubs.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Playing devils advocate, if the situation were reversed and we found ourselves mid table, how would we have voted?

Would MP have spent time drafting another solution just for the fairness of all clubs if it did not affect us?

Clubs are just voting out if self interest and I’m sure we would have done the same if it meant securing another season in league one.

I think MP would still have argued for a fairer settlement and would have voted in favour of no relegation. Some club owners are more ethical than others.

I think the issue is that many club owners could have voted for our proposal without harming themselves significantly but chose not to.

I agree the EFL are principally to blame though.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I think MP would still have argued for a fairer settlement and would have voted in favour of no relegation. Some club owners are more ethical than others.

I think the issue is that many club owners could have voted for our proposal without harming themselves significantly but chose not to.

I agree the EFL are principally to blame though.
That is what really disappointed me. Mark's proposal got so few votes, I think they must have been leant on by Rick Parry.

ADD

Player
Norwood

Ian, RLC has in fact already replied to this... and he is dead right in my book. The Palios proposal significantly impacted only 4 clubs those in the play offs (for the others there was at most a slight slight impact on them financially re split of the kitty which would have been partially balanced by income from another home game (assuming crowds yes I admit). 1500 Tranmere fans in that extra home game is £40k .

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Have a soft spot for the Jags and think their predicament is much worse than ours. Doncaster and Parry are like twins separated at birth

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Have a soft spot for the Jags and think their predicament is much worse than ours. Doncaster and Parry are like twins separated at birth
I am not being picky but their situation is pretty much identical to ours really. Only one point better off and also have a game in hand.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I am not being picky but their situation is pretty much identical to ours really. Only one point better off and also have a game in hand.
I wasn’t thinking so much of the PPG so much as the effect of dropping into the bottom 2 leagues in Scotland with predominantly part-time players, which sounds financially worse than our demotion to L2. That was costly enough. At least we can be fairly confident that L2 will run. Agree that there’s little between us on league positions.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
I think what happened on the resumption of the Championship showed the arbitrary nature of events that saw us 'relegated' to L2. One round of fixtures and it all changed. If we hadn't had our cup run, if the season had been suspended a few weeks earlier or later, it could all be different.

I lay the blame with the EFL for devising a system which would obviously see clubs voting in their own self interests. The clubs did what they were expected to do, we'd have done the same in their position, I don't blame them. However the 'football family' is now tainted and dysfunctional, more than it was before.

I'm hopeful we'll see some compensation eventually, they picked on the wrong club and the wrong owners.

Bring on L2.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Oh guys have some heart - delighted for LFC. Much better that they win than either of the Manc sides.... long may it continue.
BTW re LFC are we expecting Lpool ladies back next season as well? With the new pitch we should be able to up the fees we charge as nobody else around will have anything near as good (assuming the drainage is 100% sorted of course)!!