• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Starting football again

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I thought they needed over 51% to change the rules. Have clubs voted now or have I missed something?
clubs have been able to vote this week, the deadline is Tuesday with announcement the same or next day. Rotherham chairman reckons 15 teams will vote for ppg and Barry fry who has has supported our proposal says we won't get it through

Player
George Yardley
It is more than 'bad luck'. We have been completely screwed by the EFL who had it in their power to annul our 'relegation'.

Our plan does not even work against the interests of the vast majority of the clubs who will vote against it, which makes it all the more galling.

We will remember who they were.
we certainly will.

German League 3 are playing to a finish.

Player
George Yardley
I think our only hope is that the Barnsley FC proposal, which is scheduled to be voted on first, is accepted....
BARNSLEY’S ALTERNATIVE PROPOSAL
- No club will be relegated from a division that fails to conclude its regular season fixtures
Thats the current FA rule, and is there for a reason.
Tomorrow Parry - the former failed CEO of Liverpool - is going to tinker with that rule and ask the self-interested mob to pass it.

Perhaps the FA need to step in and stop this half-wit before he completely makes a shambles of the integrity of our Beautiful Game

Player
George Yardley
Barnsley's proposal - no relegation if a Divisions fixtures can't be completed - stands a chance.
It needs 36 votes.

Think about it:
League 2 voted no relegation for Stevenage
Championship: there are a large number of teams who could end up in the bottom 3 if their seasons resumption had to stop prematurely.
Even the miserable lot in league 1. Southend and Bolton's votes come in suddenly.

Worth getting calculators out for anyway. The equivalent of all league 2 teams + half of the Championship would carry it. Any falterers would need to be covered by League 1 teams voting for it. Tranmere, Bolton, Southend + anybody else who has a sense of fairness.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I hope you are right, but given that five clubs in Leagues One and Two would be certain to back the Barnsley proposal, plus (at most) a dozen clubs in the Championship, there would still need to be nineteen votes from elsewhere. Given the lack of interest in fairness and integrity shown by most clubs in relation to our proposal, it seems unlikely that many clubs who are not directly affected would back the amendment.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes. We have to remember clubs will not be voting for fairness but for self interest. It’s not looking good.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The four teams who will be in league 1 play offs have tested their players and staff, clearly the outcome of the vote is already known despite still being several days left.

Just sums up the league.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The four teams who will be in league 1 play offs have tested their players and staff, clearly the outcome of the vote is already known despite still being several days left.

Just sums up the league.
Nicola has just commented on this point. The whole thing is a disgrace.

drwhoman

I imagine that some of the personal relationships going forward will be pretty cold. The EFL are clearly taking the lazy route and going along with the self interested. Always the way with failed CEOs. No leadership, only acquiescence to keep a big salary!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
What a farce. Is anyone surprised?

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Latest statement from MP this evening seems to suggest its all over....a gallant effort by MP/NP, but the self-interest of other clubs and the reluctance of the EFL to accept a fair compromises would appear to have won the day.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It may be all over for now but we are Tranmere and we will return stronger as we have done before.

Ubi Fides ibi Lux et Robur.

drwhoman

Now having read Mark’s statements, I think we are very lucky to have him as Chairman, whatever happens now. Clear, concise and well argued. Not that this is likely to prevail over pure self interest which the EFL is happy to accept. Effectively club self regulation with no independent input from those allegedly in control.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop

Just sums up the league.
I wouldn't wish a disease on anybody, but ...

ADD

Player
Norwood
I have accepted the inevitability now - what a bunch of b@@tards much as I am fu@@ing furious about it ... I am trying to think it is no different as before our 3 game winning streak when we were dead and buried and frankly deserved to go down BUT it is not the same! We should go legal and I think would win ultimately but I know MP will not.
Self interest sadly I get but what frustrates me more than anything is that I have tried to find out on multiple sites and by direct messaging BUT nobody seems to be able to answer the simple question as to under what regulation they can do what they are doing... Despite the fact that we all think that football is different EFL is a legally trading company which files accounts etc. at Comapnies House and as such the directors should be subject to company law......