• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Solihull Moors v Rovers

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I didn't get the impression from the commentary that the McNulty 'handball' was the same incident as the disallowed goal, but they didn't say much about the penalty claim.

It was not, I confused myself over that one. The foul was given well in advance of the disallowed 'goal' and looked like the right decision to me, likewise to give a penalty against McNulty would have been harsh. Either way, I think we would have won the game as we offered much more in general play than Solihull.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Isn't Dawson's family local which is why Kiddy sanctioned his loan move to us last season?
He was a real star with us until his injury, always looked like he would make something happen.

Player
Manager
John King
Some people question Dawson's final product, in terms of actual goals and assists, but there is no doubt he is an exciting player, more talented than Mekki I would say.

If we got him on some kind of pay-as-you-play deal I would be happy to have him back.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'd agree that Dawson is more talented than Mekki, an exciting player. However, I'm firmly in the 'some people' category, no goals and an assist during his last spell here. Mekki certainly contributed more in terms of end product last season. If Dawson could be made into more of a team player, while dealing with the mental issues which appear to have held him back, he could be a real asset. Otherwise still worth a punt as a squad player.

It doesn't look as though Adam Mekki has much future at the club. After a good pre-season barely used by Brabin and played out of position, he's now behind Tollit and Stephenson in the pecking order.

Player
Manager
John King
Dawson did not really play enough games for us to assess his ratio of goals / assists, but I do remember that the matches where he featured - Aldershot, Bromley, Wrexham - were some of the best attacking displays we had under Brabin. I also don't remember too many direct assists from Mekki last season, other than winning a couple of penalties, and his shooting is awful. I think they are both players that create problems and occupy defenders rather than having a superb final ball.

I am not saying we should definitely sign Dawson, and he certainly has major injury problems, but I think some of the comments about his performances for us last season are rather harsh.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'd much rather have Dawson than Mekki. At least he would be able to last 90 mins!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I'd much rather have Dawson than Mekki. At least he would be able to last 90 mins!

Dawson is hardly fit to play though, he is 24 and hasn't yet played 100 games in his career. If we do sign him I will support him but doubt he will be a successful signing for us.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Dawson is hardly fit to play though, he is 24 and hasn't yet played 100 games in his career. If we do sign him I will support him but doubt he will be a successful signing for us.
This. After going awol at Nuneaton, following his loan spell with us, he's hardly been pulling up trees down south this season.

Player
Manager
John King
As I said previously, any deal we offer him would have to take account of his fitness issues. In any case, I get the feeling the new signing will be Shaun Newton.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Having now seen the goals from Saturday, a great ball in from Stephenson for the 3rd. Can't recall anything like that from either Adam.

Reactions: Ian
M

Mal

Having now seen the goals from Saturday, a great ball in from Stephenson for the 3rd. Can't recall anything like that from either Adam.
Mellon seems to be motivating players. Let us see what happens.