• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Simon Francis

Player
Goodison
Simon Francis was transfer listed today by Southend - he would be a good replacement for Stockdale but would he be too expensive?

Nicky Bailey was also transfer listed (goal scoring central midfielder)

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
See JJ Okocha has been released today to? Anyone fancy a bit of JJ at PP???

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Anyone fancy a bit of JJ at PP???
Haha - that sounds great. But seriously, at 34, he might be getting a little too old.

Simon Francis would be a good singing, he was a popular loan signing and put in some good performances.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Simon Francis would be a great signing, a bit of pace at right back, balance to the side with Taylor on the left... plus able to cover centre half convincingly... but the reason he's been released is the reason I can't see him signing for us.

Just too expensive when it comes to the wages. He'd stick out like a sore thumb against what the rest of the squad earn, if we could afford it, which we almost certainly can't.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Have to agree with all thats been said, he would be a fantastic signing but too expensive. No questioning his quality but happen he rates himself or his agent does, very highly in terms of wage.

As for JJ - he's quality but ex-Notlob! :lol:

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
I wouldn’t mind seeing Simon back in a Rovers shirt next season and I think he could add to the attacking aspect of the team however, I agree that he may want more money than we (in therory) would offer.

I would imagine Calvin Zola's imminent departure would free up cash in the wage budget, as has the departure of 1st team (*cough*) players such as Mullin & Stockdale.

In all honesty, I would imagine Stockdale would have been on a fairly substantial salary considering he was playing (again *cough*) Championship football for a team that on average over spends on their players. That being the case, perhaps somebody like Francis could be a straight swap?

Just some food for thought there!