• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Silkmen v Rovers

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Moss Rose is the next stop for the mighty whites, a bit of a bogey ground for us in recent years. Two years ago tomorrow we were thrashed 4-2 there, while last season's draw felt like a defeat when we gave away a daft last minute goal. This looked a good opportunity to kick start our away form a few weeks ago, but Macc have been in good form since the appointment of the self styled 'Greatest mind in football', Sol Campbell. Good news for Rovers is that Durrell is still out injured. I would guess we will start with five at the back again and we really need to take at least a point. A minimum of 1,400 SWA will travel.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Think it will be yet another away defeat 2 1

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not getting a good feeling for this one and I think the players minds will be elsewhere. If we can take a point, I’ll be happy.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Our New Years Day record is poor, lost the last three, our record at Macc isn't great and I was at the last couple of games RLC mentions, but giving this a miss (perhaps a good omen) while our league away form is currently dire. That much change sometime.

I'd expect a similar line-up and formation to Yeovil and we'll probably pick similar at home to Spurs. No updates on Monthe fitness? If Manny's still out, I'd like to see Buxton rather than Sutton in the back three, better equiped for playing on the left and his distribution more reliable. If not starting, Cole and Gilmour could do with some game time.

I'd take a point and no injuries too.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
You do wonder whether the players minds will be on Friday. No doubt that’s what Campbell will be saying to his side.

A draw wouldn’t be a disaster but a defeat will be another poor away result.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Yep, will take a point.
Relieved that Carlisle beat them on Saturday to quieten them down a bit.
So far as Friday is concerned I think we are already the winners, the draw having been kind to us, sell out, TV etc so I doubt MM will be picking a team with that game in mind.
The only one who might be missing tomorrow is Macca as his leadership will be much needed against Spurs.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
A month ago this would have been an easy three points. A few days before the biggest game of the season I expect we'll choke. A draw would be a good result. I don't expect our promotion challenge to start again until we are out of the cup.

Player
aldo
bollocks to that go for it they are pants we need the three points lets do it 1-2 . win thats all

Player
Manager
John King
Quite a few changes. Still five at the back but looks like a 541 or 5311 with Norwood up front.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Well I challenge anyone to have got the starting 11 right today.....Davies; Buxton, Ellis, Monthe, Ridehalgh; McCullough, Harris; Caprice, Jennings, Smith; Norwood. Apparently we are playing a 4-2-3-1 RLC?
Have to admit I find that strange to say the least. Let's hope MM is right as 3 points today is essential in my book. Apparently Caprice is playing right wing?

Player
Manager
John King
I think it is 5 at the back and mm was right to freshen things up, as we have looked jaded recently.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I can just about see the logic of resting McNulty for the Spurs game, as he didn't look fully fit for Yeovil and his experience may prevent a hammering v Spurs, Sutton not on the bench, maybe injured. Puzzled with the other changes and the extent of them, presume Jennings behind Norwood or Smith as a second striker?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
A slightly stronger side than I was expecting. In fact, I would not be surprised if this was the same XI (with McNulty recalled) and formation we see against Spurs. Meanwhile, it will be interesting to see how they cope at the back without McNulty's leadership.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Apparently Caprice is playing right wing?
Great move as we all know he's better attacking than he is defending. Hopefully he can get some decent crosses in.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Looks like it's all Rovers for the first quarter of the game but no goals. We need to score soon or risk Macc getting back into the game.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Great goal from Jennings. Held off a few challenges and hit low into the corner. Only what Rovers deserved they've been excellent so far.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ohh that is harsh, 1-1.