• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Silkmen v Rovers

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Rumours that Notts County have approached Lincoln for permission to talk to Danny Cowley about their vacant managers position following the sacking of John Sheridan.

Fully expect Lincoln to say no but you wonder whether Cowley might fancy a league club albeit one struggling, especially when only the champions go up automatically from the national league. Fingers crossed !
It would be a hammer blow to Lincoln if he moved and it might be difficult to stop him, but I would expect him to finish the job at Lincoln first before moving. Better the devil you know. However, I hope I'm wrong. In any case, I expect Cowley to attract other approaches as the season wears on.

Last edited:

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Agree with previous comments that young lads should get a chance. If they don't get the opportunity how can we find out if they have what it takes. However, they have to play their part and maybe they don't show enough in training to warrant a chance.

On a separate note Doncaster have just snapped up a midfielder from the local area - Runcorn. Wonder whether we had a look.

drwhoman

Interesting. Does anyone know what is happening with Wallace? His loan is due to expire about now?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Cowley strikes me as quite astute.It would look better on a cv taking Lincoln back into the football league rather than keeping Notts up and reckon he'll stay put.`

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Lincoln would not give Notts permission to talk to Cowley and he has ruled himself out.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Wallace will be interesting.

If he stays then he may have gone backward in MMs thinking after the Macc game, especially now Steve Jennings is back plus Harris and Maynard in contention. Can we afford for James to get match fit or does need a sort of pre season?

If he goes back will anyone else take him?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think Wallace will stay, but hopefully Micky has learned some lessons from what happened at Macclesfield.

Reactions: Ian

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
I'm not the best at posting quotes but from the club -

We have come a long way in 12 months, when we were outside the play-off places, and ended the 2016 calendar year with the 3rd highest points per game across the top 5 tiers of English professional football, and the 3rd best defensive record.

I now feel a real sh** for sulking after Maccs defeat. What a record that is - the downside though is that GB takes some credit

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
GB wasn't perfect but must take some credit for our great record breaking away record last season.

Yep I agree about Macc not being the end of the world. Just a shame we won't have a league game for a while but with Woking away up next, an opportunity to get back on track ahead of a big home game against Dagenham at the end of the month.