• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Shrimps v Rovers

Player
aldo
and Daws has said the same thing he wants more Bodys in the box to attack the ball also was fun when he nearly said the f word also liked his honest interview and no crap to go with it

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
I'm not asking too much tomorrow, just blood, sweat and tears!
We need to maintain a high tempo and get amongst them.
For his birthday, my son's getting a replica shirt signed by the players on the coach on the way to Morecambe; let's hope it's a gift that he'll treasure for a very long time after success tomorrow and at Wembley! My son's got his heart set on another Wembley trip, so no pressure Rovers!
If Morecambe get to Wembley after our onslaught tomorrow, good luck to them.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
What a great birthday present that would be if the lads can do it! Fingers crossed guys, let’s get at them from minute one and book another trip to Wembley !

Player
Jonny Morrisey
I agree with BBTC that is a bit early to make a judgement. I like the way we play under Dawes, but Palios is bound to wonder whether he can sustain an improvement in form over 20-30 games, as we simply don't have enough evidence to know that. However, if it was a straight choice between Dawes and an external journeyman appointment like Hill, I would rather take a risk on Dawes.

Of the names currently bring discussed only Dave Challinor excites me, and I think that is who MP will turn to if we get knocked out tomorrow, not least because it seems clear that he wants the job.
Where have you read that he wants the job RLC, I'd be interested to have a read of that?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I've got a horrible feeling they are going to frustrate us again today. Knowing how much of the ball we had the other night, I don't think they will be taking risks. They will time waste from the kick off and lump 10-men behind the ball in the hope of a counter or a set piece.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
I've got a horrible feeling they are going to frustrate us again today. Knowing how much of the ball we had the other night, I don't think they will be taking risks. They will time waste from the kick off and lump 10-men behind the ball in the hope of a counter or a set piece.
I think that is spot on and we might need a lucky bounce second ball from Feeney's set pieces to nick one. It will be difficult to create clear chances against a packed defence. Perhaps a central free kick outside the box guarantees a shot at goal. One for Danny Lloyd perhaps.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
All we have to do is score the first goal, whether that is in the first minute or the ninety fourth. It might be difficult to create but it is even more vital that we don't give a stupid goal away which would end the tie.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Khan benched, Lewis comes in. Morris keeps his place. Come on Rovers!

Player
Manager
John King
Crawford replaces Lloyd on the bench. I would guess Dawes thinks Morris and Lewis carry more of a direct goal threat than Khan.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Morris starting but Khan dropped a strange one to me? Unless carrying a slight knock would have not dropped him. Morris or Feeney should have made way I feel if Dawes wanted Lewis in.
Still the team is good enough....

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I just can’t see it. We don’t score many, and they don’t concede many. It’s not going to be enough I fear.

I didn’t realise we’ve never won an away game in the EFL play offs

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Lewis does more running from deep, we were quite static in that respect at PP meaning the main option was to ping balls out to the wing and hope for a decent cross into the box which was thin on Rovers attackers. No Lloyd, injured or out of favour? There don't seem to be any game-changers on the bench, Woolery perhaps.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Their manager is suggesting they will take the game to us so hopefully it will leave gaps for us to exploit

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I would have started Woolery as he brings goals and we need them. Hey ho

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Their manager is suggesting they will take the game to us so hopefully it will leave gaps for us to exploit
He might say that but unsure that he means it. Will find out shortly...

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
He might say that but unsure that he means it. Will find out shortly...

yes he’s bound to say that as they are at home. I can see it being 0-0. We defend better but still can’t score:

but as RLC says.....we only need one goal.

Player
Manager
John King
I would have started Woolery as he brings goals and we need them. Hey ho
The problem is that if they defend deep Woolery would have nowhere to run, so Lewis makes more sense in that regard.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We have to find a way around the back. I would suggest using the width and whipping some dangerous crosses in, but they have to be quality crosses and there had to be bodies in the box to attack the ball.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
An oggie, a deflection, a screamer from midfield, a bobble or a tap in.
I just don't care.

Thought Khan should have started.

SWA