• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Shrimps v Rovers

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
Morecambe and Newport both a drain on the football brain. At least one of them's gone. The only way I'll have any enthusiasm for the Newport game next season is if it's the first home game (does it matter who the oppo is, just great to be back) or the last game, where we beat them at home for auto promotion. Anything outside of that and it'll be the usual cynical yawn-fest.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Morecambe manager Derek Adam as suspected leaves the club to go somewhere else. Expected to be Bradford. Wonder if Hill may fancy the Morecambe job....

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Morecambe manager Derek Adam as suspected leaves the club to go somewhere else. Expected to be Bradford. Wonder if Hill may fancy the Morecambe job....
Bradford may try sign Cook

EFL Zone Twitter very feed reckons Morecambe are in talks with Hill. A few on the Morecambe forum also tipping him for the job.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
EFL Zone Twitter very feed reckons Morecambe are in talks with Hill. A few on the Morecambe forum also tipping him for the job.
He feels like a good fit to me. Ironic that he gets “promoted” after all. ;)

It’s just a shame he won’t be back at PP in front of our fans next season.

Player
aldo
Bradford must have offered some money they say he will be in the job tomorrow, he must be super confident in himself or super stupid to leave a job that he is doing so well at,you know what football is like you watch he will be out of a job by Xmas and Hill will be to or in the playoff places

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Bradford will be offering a much bigger budget and much bigger wage, I'm sure the temptation of Bradford was just too much to turn down.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Bradford will be offering a much bigger budget and much bigger wage, I'm sure the temptation of Bradford was just too much to turn down.
Plus it is almost inevitable that Morecambe will struggle in league one. Adam’s now has 3 promotions on his CV (Plymouth and Ross county also), so may just prefer having a winning season rather than one where he’ll struggle and could easily be sacked. I guess a lot comes down to ambition but as Mart suggests, given Morecambe had a very low L2 budget, Adam’s may not have been on much himself so Bradford could be doubling his wages. He may also see that club as having more potential to do well in league one if he can get them up

drwhoman

Morecambe have overachieved this season and they will struggle whoever is in charge next season. Adams will be under pressure to deliver at Bradford. He will not be there long unless he delivers.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
If he goes to Morecambe, Keith Hill will earn his corn if he simply keeps them up. If he does what he did at Tranmere and disturbs a winning formula and wrecks morale, he will certainly fail.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Morecambe are likely to lose a number of their better players over the summer, which certainly won't help them.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, and if they are relying on Stockton to score them goals they are in big trouble. Far too slow for that league.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Its a good gig for Hill if he does go Morecambe, little expectancy from fan base, they will be overwhelming fav for relegation so if wouldn't have much pressure

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Morecambe have overachieved this season and they will struggle whoever is in charge next season. Adams will be under pressure to deliver at Bradford. He will not be there long unless he delivers.
Agreed. I would actually expect Adams to succeed at Bradford, although the job has become a bit of a poisoned chalice like Mansfield, Ipswich, Sunderland etc. It would not surprise me if he takes them up, makes a decent start in L1 and leaves for somewhere in the top 2 divisions. I'm sure that will be his career plan.

Last edited:
Player
ian goodison
yes it would as MP has stated that's the road he wants to go down to get them in young and sell them on but we need a manager who is willing to let them progress just have to look at Crewe to see how it works
trouble is AM crewe have been doing that for years plus gradi was there for ever and never in any danger of getting sacked so was able to lay the foundations whereas micky doesn't seem to have the same patience with developing young players

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think the real issue is that Crewe are the only lower league club to retain their academy with its former status, which costs them several million pounds per year. The majority of other clubs, including Rovers, have closed theirs as the EPP rules introduced by the Premier League made them financially unviable.

Mellon can only play the youngsters that are available and the majority of ours are simply not good enough, as the best talent is creamed off by the Premier League clubs. It is a different world to the eighties and nineties.

Last edited:
Player
aldo
it sure is thats why MP said they want younger players from other clubs that they can sell on, shame we can't produce our own kids but its all due to the greed of the big boys