• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Shrimps v Rovers

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Vaughan could still be rested if Ferrier is fit to play.

think Ferrier may be gone by Tuesday...hopefully the post match interview asks Keith why Morgan and CBT weren’t involved

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
KH says the new arrivals will be for players in wide areas of the pitch, make of that what you will.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Sounds like CBT is on his way then. Ferrier might have a slight injury according to the commentators, and I doubt we would let him go without replacing him.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
KH says the new arrivals will be for players in wide areas of the pitch, make of that what you will.
Bit worrying, presume one will replace CBT, but if Ferrier leaving, we need more than Vaughan and two youngsters as our strike-force. Just seen RLC post which would make more sense.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre

Well at present we have Lloyd, Woolery, Feeney and CBT. The latter must surely be going as Morris can play there also. I share Bozs concerns about a central front man. At one point today I thought we were crying out for a target man with all the balls going into the box. Didn’t matter in the end but surely Vaughan needs some competition/back up for that central striking role however as RLC says it may be that Ferrier wasn’t risked with an injury as suspect he’ll start on Tuesday if he does stay

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Looks like Joe bunney could be signing as hes apparently been on trial.

Player
Manager
John King
Centre forward and the centre of midfield seem the most obvious areas where we need to strengthen. Depends who is available I suppose.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Looks like Joe bunney could be signing as hes apparently been on trial.

6 foot 5 and according to Wikipedia he can play left back, left wing and striker. Former Rochdale man so hill must know him

drwhoman

6 foot 5 and according to Wikipedia he can play left back, left wing and striker. Former Rochdale man so hill must know him
Seems to have played a lot of non league but may well be a Hill favourite. Rochdale and Bolton. Last played for Hartlepool so not sure his signing would have us leaping out of our seats but who knows!

overthewater

Player
chris malkin
Spearing seems to be racking up the yellow cards. Anyone know how close he is to a one-match ban ?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Seems to have played a lot of non league but may well be a Hill favourite. Rochdale and Bolton. Last played for Hartlepool so not sure his signing would have us leaping out of our seats but who knows!
Read on another site that he was in a serious car crash and agreed a short term deal with Pools as a means of getting himself fit enough to get a FL contract. Given his versatility it may be worth offering a deal, but with Macdonald, Ridehalgh, Monthe Morris and maybe Hayde able to play at left-back, he'll only be any value if he can be played further up the park.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy

Player
aldo
MP said last night that if players, were to come in it, would be better than what we have and make the team better will he do that???????????????

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
MP said last night that if players, were to come in it, would be better than what we have and make the team better will he do that???????????????
Yes I thought that AM. Guess we have to trust Hill and he may think we need the squad numbers if CBT or Ferrier leave. Although like Boz says we do have a few left sided options already

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Can’t help but think we dodged a bullet here today. Not that any of this matters as we have the three points but I thought Morecambe were difficult to break down and I don’t think we’d have scored had they had 11 men in the second half. I think KH would have settled for a point too. I think I would have reflecting back on the first half. We had a bit of luck today with the penalty miss and the sending off but it swings in roundabouts I guess.

Player
Manager
John King
Can’t help but think we dodged a bullet here today. Not that any of this matters as we have the three points but I thought Morecambe were difficult to break down and I don’t think we’d have scored had they had 11 men in the second half. I think KH would have settled for a point too. I think I would have reflecting back on the first half. We had a bit of luck today with the penalty miss and the sending off but it swings in roundabouts I guess.
Not sure I agree really. We grew into the game in the first half and deserved to be at least level at the break.

I was actually surprised at how poor Morecambe were with ten men. They were happy to sit ridiculously deep, whereas if they had left two strikers up front I think they could have caused us problems, as Harrogate did in midweek.