• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Shrimpers v Rovers

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Seem to have weathered their mini storm but still need a third to put the game to bed. Can see Nugent coming on and nicking one.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Would have thought be several changes by now.

Fg lead now & Cambridge pulled 1 back

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Well after such a poor result and performance on Saturday a win was all that mattered tonight especially with Cheltenham and Cambridge both losing. First half we were excellent and should have been more than 2-0 up. Second half we defended well and saw the game out without ever really getting out of first gear. The only criticism is we didn’t score more as against better teams we’ll have less chances. Nice to get a clean sheet too.

Some good performances from the back 4 plus Lewis, Lloyd and Woolery but MOM for me was Feeney just about who has given Keith some food for thought in that deeper role and worked his socks off. Just what we needed and hopefully back on track now in the league, with the small matter of a Wembley game to come on Sunday.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A professional and comfortable win against very limited opponents.

Now if we can get our home form right we can go up automatically

Player
aldo
let us hope we can string a few passes together and be strong in the tackle lets hope KH is not blue in the face and I hope we brie-z through it lol

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A superb away performance. I never really felt Southend were good enough to get back into the game, and while they huffed and puffed for the first fifteen minutes of the second half, Scott did not have a save to make and there was a gulf in class between the two sides. Some of our passing and movement was excellent, and the only slight concern was the number of excellent balls we fizzed across the box which were not attacked, the one area where we missed Vaughan tonight. We will have to be more ruthless with our finishing against better sides.

As Sparky says, all credit to Keith for the experimental formation, with Feeney in a deeper role and Lewis leading the line.

I thought everybody played well, but Spearing, Feeney and Woolery in particular were excellent, and there was some great link up play down the left hand side between MacDonald and Lloyd, who was probably my man of the match.

The other results were quite favourable and we now find ourselves only two points off the top. All to play for.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes I thought Lloyd had his best game for a while.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Our away form is fantastic, to finish top 3 we are going to have to improve our home form

Player
Manager
John King
Our away form is fantastic, to finish top 3 we are going to have to improve our home form
I am not sure it is that poor overall since Jackson was sacked. I would guess if we maintain the number of points per game of the last twenty matches in the next thirteen, we would go up regardless.

Player
Manager
John King
We have got 22 points from 12 home games since Jacko was sacked, which is automatic promotion form.