• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Shrimpers v Rovers

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
GOAL!! Another assist for feeneys whose cross is headed in by Ray. Game over surely

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!! Well deserved. Could have had four already. Keep it going lads!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Southend fans saying on their forums that we’re by far the best team they’ve played this season. Not sure Crawley would agree!!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Generally one way traffic and arguably we should be more than 2-0 up at half time. Hard to believe some of Southend’s recent results who have been very poor first half. They will get one hell of a half time rollicking and likely make some subs so we need to be prepared for a reaction. 2-0 a dangerous scoreline potentially but surely we’ll win this. We get the next goal and they could fold like a pack of cards.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A superb half from Rovers summed up by Peter Clarke running half the length of the pitch a la Beckenbauer ! We have been in complete control, with Feeney and Spearing bossing midfield and great delivery from the wide areas.

Southend look incredibly lightweight and will surely go down.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A very good half, we are in total control against a very poor team. I suppose if I was being critical it's that we are not even further ahead.

More of the same in the second half and hopefully few more goals

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Excellent first half from Rovers. Good to see we can put in a big performance without the leading man. Absolutely dominant and like Sparky says, we are getting lots of compliments from Southend supporters.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
70.7% possession for us in the first half

• Wow
Reactions: Ian

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Played well so far, but just haven’t put the game to bed, a lot of great balls into the box eluding the final touch. I don’t think Southend will be as ineffective second half, so we mustn’t give them any early hope.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I take my hat off to Rovers for proving me wrong. Southend had not conceded more than one goal in any of their last seven games. We’ve scored twice in less than half an hour.

But it’s not over yet! If we score next, it will be a stroll. If they score next, it will be sweaty.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
The home side have responded as expected so need to not give them any encouragement.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Southend at least trying this half.