• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Shrimpers v Rovers

Player
Too many of them after over 50 years!
As I indicated in my prior post I believe current form is what matters, not necessarily the current position. Look at Cambridge and what happened to Carlisle. Same for Bolton, Bradford and Stevenage. I still think it will be a tight match because Southend have not been conceding too many goals in the last 8 games and Tranmere has had the habit of doing well on the road - but with Vaughan in good form.

the away habit outweighs the not conceding too many goals ay present ;0)

Last edited:
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I agree it will be a tight game but our ambition should be to win it.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Commentators suggesting Vaughan's injury is not as serious as feared and he might be back before the end of the season.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes, the only other would be to go old school and go with say 4-4-2 which I still think is an option for us. Southend’s goal difference is shocking albeit a lot was the early part of the season but even so, an opportunity to get back on the horse

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes, I think they were referring to the prognosis after the operation.
Ah ok. Keith suggested we wouldn’t get the results till later in the week but hopefully the surgeon has said it’s not as bad as feared. Fingers crossed

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Could it not be a diamond with Spearing at the rear, Feeney/Morris wide and Lewis as the tip (acting as a false nine) behind Woolery and Lloyd?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The most important games to win will be against our rivals at the top - FGR, Cheltenham, Cambridge and Exeter. But the majority of the remaining fixtures are against teams in the bottom eight, so we have to find a way through their defences. Hopefully, by the time we play some of them, their plight will be known.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Putting them under good pressure early on. They look very shaky at the back.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
GOAL!! Good move down the right sees Lewis fire home from woolerys cross

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Lovely.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good positive start from Rovers.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Feeney running the show so far in a deep lying position

Player
Too many of them after over 50 years!
I have to say that is not the Southend I saw play FGR! And great to see Tranmere playing along the ground for the most part. And just scored again. Fantastic.