• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Shrimpers v Rovers

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
A few issues arising;

I would have started Donnelly ahead of Stockton, as he's a different type of player, who gives forwards more to think about. Stockton and Odejayi are too similar to make an effective pairing. However, I don't think he made a great deal of impact when coming on. Rory was a good player once he settled down here and was nominated for a L2 player of the month award. However he then got shunted onto the wing to accommodate Micky's mate, the unfit Hugill and lost confidence. Playing from the off yesterday might have got him back into the groove, but he didn't have the ability to transform the game. Both he and Stockton might have benefitted from balls through the middle on the deck from someone like Koumas, but that wasn't happening.

Now that Ash Taylor has gone, Stockton is the home-grown player who gets targetted by our fans and it really annoys me, given he's likely to be around next season. I don't think he had a good day yesterday, there was the header mentioned and a ball that came onto him on the edge of their box with his back to goal and that was it in terms of chances. He tried to hold the ball up, but tended to get crowded out by home defenders and didn't always get the support from midfield. Didn't think Odejayi was at his best either yesterday and arguably in his 10 minutes up front, Jake Kirby came closest to making something happen. In answer to Ian's point, Kirby and Hume are the strikers who've been on target recently for the reserves, Odejayi the last forward to get a goal v Burton.

Chants against the manager don't make much impact either way imo. The reason for Max's substitution was entirely understandable, so misguided there, but given the way he's been tret by Adams, can you really see Danny Holmes being bothered by a bit of flak directed at MA? I'd much rather see him getting targetted than players like Stockton [I might make an exception for Taylor who really deserved a rocket yesterday] When we go down, the blame should come to rest squarely on Micky's shoulders.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I don't agree with you about the chanting. We have a team woefully short of form and confidence and further negativity from the crowd only makes that situation worse, regardless of who the chants are aimed at.

That said, the supporters have been incredibly loyal and patient this season - Saturday was the first time I have heard any overt criticism of the manager - considering the utter dross that has been served up by players and management.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It won't be the first time we've disagreed about something:p

Think Edwards got a hard time at a few of the games when we fell apart. Adams' habit of scuttling down the tunnel as fast as possible when we've lost at home is his way of escaping it.